Taskmgr option is disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahen

Beta member
Hi friends,

I am using Windows 2000 on my standalone PC. Right now, I am facing two major issues

1) Few days back, while I was connected to internet, suddenly my task manager is greyed out. If I try to enable it ; it says " Task mgr is disabled by adminstrator". I always login as adminstrator. How can I enable my task manager ? Further my PC shows symbol (X) in red color at right botton corner. It indicates that the computer has been infected. Norton Antivirus definitions and antispyware version on my PC is already expired.

2) Along with above described problem, I have also started facing one more problem. Earier I used to connect with internet and it used to work fine. But now, as soon as I connect to internet, it gets disconnected automatically. So I can not download any new antivirus, antispyware software from the internet. Please suggest me if there is any source from where I can get latest antivirus/antispyware software CDs or so.

Thanks in advance for your inputs ..

Mahen

You'll need to download the tools from another PC and move them to the infected PC. Sounds like you have the AlcanB infection which disables taskmanager and regedit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom