spywares that cannnot be deleted or wont be deleted, HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jilan

Baseband Member
hi everyone, pls help. donno wats wrong......
i suddenly got 6 new icons on the desk top, and i know they r spywares, cuz the siz r abt card games, and web host icons etc. i tried deletin them, it wont work, i tried using ad-aware, still wont work, and my comp is movin extremely slow, took me foreva to get on the net and type this help message, so pls help

Try removing the software from control panel>add/remove programs, or see if you can delete them from "C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files"

The problem might be because the exes are in use. go get adaware/spybot/hijack this. install and update all. then reboot into safe mode. Run adaware, then spybot. use spybot, move to the BHO tabe under tools look for something shady like C:\winnt\system32\ieky32.dll , if you have adobe reader installed look at that for a quick second, it doesnt look shady at al; ;) now becarefull with these if you delete something you need you might have to reinstall the software. anways thats about it. oh run hijack this and cleanup your on boot. ;)

Hi Jilan. Check out our sticky threads in this section, especially the one in my sig.

When you download and run HijackThis, you can post your log into the HJT log section of the forum.

Caution: Do not fix anything in the HJT log unless you are absolutely sure of what you're fixing. Most of the items in the log are necessary for your computer to function correctly.

Dave :D

you know there r a couple of accounts for window xp computers. if i delete the account that i am using, since it has many spywares/adwares, would this delete all the spywares and adwares i have got on this computer?

Jilan said:
you know there r a couple of accounts for window xp computers. if i delete the account that i am using, since it has many spywares/adwares, would this delete all the spywares and adwares i have got on this computer?

No...In your case the spyware is located in the ALL Users/Application Data folder..so it effects all your accounts. I posted your fix in the hijackthis section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom