slowed down pc & some popup probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
From your last log

C:\DOCUME~1\BRIAN~1.YOU\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.828\HijackThis.exe

Not according to your last log. That location should read C:\HJT\Hijackthis.exe if so.

hey man i figured out was wrong
i deleted the 1 i seen in temp folder & i unzipped the 1 that was in a zip folder but i originally did what ya said & saved it to c drive now i just going to do the fix

Here Are The Logs You Asked For:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:04:57 PM, on 12/20/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tp4mon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\tphkmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TrackPointSrv] tp4mon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TpHotkey] C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\tphkmgr.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe

Fixwareout ver 1.003
Last edited 12/5/2005
Post this report in the forums please

Reg Entries that were deleted
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\xedocne
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\gib_ogol
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\repiwoh
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\llun
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\23plhps
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\mgcppp
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\tesvaf
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\golmedi
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\32refaselif
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Urls\putesprpgd

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL FILES FOUND BY THIS METHOD ARE NOT BAD FILES, There WILL be LEGIT FILES LISTED. IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHAT IT IS LEAVE THEM ALONE.

»»»»» Search by size and names...
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CSHKC.EXE

»»»»» Misc files

»»»»» Checking for older varients covered by the Rem3 tool

Incident Status Location

Adware:adware/alexa-toolbar Not disinfected Windows Registry
Hacktool:HackTool/EvID Not disinfected C:\!KillBox\EvID4226Patch.exe
i noticed internet has sped up & the popups are gone but the internet is still slow while loading to home page but after that pretty quick

C:\!KillBox <---delete that folder.

Well done. Your logs are clean. Any more issues? If not you should be good to go. We still have a few more items to address so please follow the instructions below.

Reset hidden/system files and folders

Windows XP
===============

• Click Start.
  • Open My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View tab.
  • Deselect the Show hidden files and folders option.
  • Select the Hide file extensions for known types option.
  • Select the Hide protected operating system files option.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK.

Windows 2000
===============

• Open My Computer.
  • Select the View tab.
  • Select the Advanced settings box option.
  • Select the Hidden files Folders.
  • Deselect the Show all files option.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK.

Windows ME
===============

• Open My Computer.
  • Select the View tab.
  • Deselect the Show hidden files and folders option.
  • Select the Hide protected operating system files option.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK.

Windows 95/98/98SE
===============

• Open My Computer.
  • Select the View
  • Select the Folder Options option.
  • Select the View tab. option.
  • Select the Advance Advanced settings box option.
  • Select the Hidden files folder.
  • Deselect the Show all files option
  • Click Apply to confirm.
  • Click OK.

Create a new System Restore point

Windows XP
===============

• Click Start >> Run - type SYSDM.CPL & press Enter
  • Select the System Restore Tab
  • Tick on the checkbox - "Turn off System Restore on all drives"
  • Click Apply
  • Then untick the same checkbox & click OK
  • This deletes ALL restore points that had the infection and creates a clean one

Windows ME
===============

• Click the Start tab.
  • Select the Settings option.
  • Select the Control Panel option.
  • Double Click the System icon Performance tab option.
  • Select File System
  • Select the Troubleshooting tab
  • Check the Disable System Restore box
  • Click Apply to confirm.
  • Click OK.

Reboot the PC and repeat the above procedure again
When you get to this option
  • Uncheck the Disable System Restore box

For Windows ME..we MUST create a new restore point now as Windows ME will not create one automatically until the computer has been on for 10 hours or 24 hours has passed. To create a new restore point follow the procedure below.

• Click the Start button.
  • Point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore.
  • Choose Create a restore point, and then click Next.
  • In the Restore point description box, type a name for your restore point, and then click Next.
    Click OK

Enable Windows Auto Update
  • Go to Start>Run - type wuaucpl.cpl
  • Tick on the checkbox - "Keep my computer up to date"
  • Under settings, choose "Automatically download the updates, and install them on the schedule that I specify".
  • Click on "OK".

Please visit Microsoft's Window's Update Page and install the latest service packs, patchÂ’s and security updates for your system.

Recommended Protection Programs

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programs:
  • SpywareBlaster to help prevent spyware from installing in the first place.
  • SpywareGuard to catch and block spyware before it can execute.
  • IESpy-Ad to block access to malicious websites so you cannot be redirected to them from an infected site or email.
  • WinPatrol to monitor any changes that programs make to the registry.

If you do not have a firewall, here are 4 free ones available for personal use:

In todayÂ’s world you MUST have an Antivirus program. If you do not have one, here are 3 FREE ones available for personal use:

In light of your recent issue, I'm sure you'll like to avoid any future infections. Please take a look at these well written articles
Please stay safe out there and take the helpful advice thatÂ’s been given. The goal here is to prevent the adware/spyware/virus/worms from getting on the system in the first place.

hey i did all but system restore so far ... will i lose all of my stuff if i do system restore i wanna know what it would do b4 i do it
also can i take em all outta startup cuz they lag my computer

System Restore::

Your not doing a system restore. Your checking and unchecking that box to clear out your old restore points. You have several virus's in those restore points..so if you restore one...you restore the virus.

When you check/uncheck that setting...it will clear all older restore points and create a new one. You won't lose anything other then your old restore points which arn't good anyway.

What do you want to take out of startup? Any unused program can be disable.

i did restore point thing now but i deleted all those virus programs & such u recommended from the startup & after i took em outta start up now my comp is runnin slow again but no popups or nothin & i use cleanup every time i wanna reboot since it reboots after anyway. does having all of the programs u mention make it slower?

You lost me. I did not tell you to delete any "Startup" programs or delete any of these tools we used to clean the PC.

You didn't do a system restore did you? (Restore to an earlier date) You just checkmarked...clicked Apply...then uncheckmarked that box...correct?

i didn't delete anything

i just dled all those programs that u mentioned i should get from recommended programs & they put themselves on startup & i took em off startup & my comp is slow now

Your issue doesn't appear to be malware related...but a Windows issue. Post one more Hijackthis log so I can make sure it's clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom