Please Help Remove Albus.sys and Alsmt.exe virus [P]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've installed Avaster and is there an user manual that I can read about this? The software seems different than the most anti-virus softwares out there.

There is no control manager interface or scan computer button.

It scans the computer during the reboot after installation and I had to stop the scanning cuz I need to use the computer and the scanning will take a long time.

Thanks

Right click on the A in the task bar. That is how you bring up the interface to get the scan option. Avast also has a active scan where it constantly scans system files for corruption. It is never not working unless you shut it down via task manager.

Cheers,
Mak

I used ComboFix to scan my computer in Safe Mode and it still couldn't complete the scanning process.

It did finish scanning the computer at stage 48 and deleted one file from my internet temp folder-favor-xxx.ico

But I had to shut down the computer by turning off the power, there is no scan log.

Hello,

How is the PC running now? You can try to scan it again if you wish. But without any logs i can not tell you anything. ;)

Cheers,
Mak

The computer seems to be fine. But what can I do to make ComboFix to generate a log?

Are there any ways that I can make my PC to faster without adding memory?

I know there are alot of unwanted files programs on my pc that takes up alot of room. But I dont know where to look.

Hello,

The only way to make combofix generate a log is for it to finish fully. To make your PC faster just use some tools like TweakUI. As for getting rid of some stuff try nCleaner or CCleaner.

CCleaner - Home
nCleaner

Cheers,
Mak

Thanks Mak.

I was trying to defragment my hard drive, but it would take hours to complete the prcess cuz my hard drive is 75GB.

So use tweakui would be the alternative?

Hello,

TweakUI is a program to help tweak the system. You should run the defrag overnight or something as that helps as well.

Cheers,
Mak

The computer seems to be fine. But what can I do to make ComboFix to generate a log?

Are there any ways that I can make my PC to faster without adding memory?

I know there are alot of unwanted files programs on my pc that takes up alot of room. But I dont know where to look.

Please post a screenshot of msconfig>start. Expand it if needed to show all the entries

start, run, type msconfig and press enter, go to the startup tab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom