Please help-Malware sweeper detect Surveille at each startup in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay after running msconfig cleaner, now the startup is only showing the two AVG entries. Everything is gone after reboot.

I also went into Regedit to delete the .zlg entry, closed regedit, reopened it. It was gone. After reboot the entry self recreated as usual!

Any other ideas?

Uninstall Spybot Search and Destroy.
Reboot into safemode

Look for these entries in the registry and delete them. Let me know what you found and deleted.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zlg
HKEY_ALL_USERS\Software\SurveilleTech
HKEY_ALL_USERS\Software\SurveilleTech\e-Surveiller
HKEY_ALL_USERS\Software\SurveilleTech\e-Surveiller\1.x
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\e-Surveiller.Logfile
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\e-Surveiller
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SurveilleTech
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SurveilleTech\e-Surveiller
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SurveilleTech\e-Surveiller\1.x

Make sure E-surveiller is not listed under Program Files, if it is, delete it.

Uninstalled Spybot. Got message saying that not all files could install. Went to Program Files\Spybot and tried to delete. Message that certain files could not be deleted. Rebooted into safe mode. I managed to delete Spybot folder. Went to registry. Only entry was the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zlg. Deleted this.

Upon reboot, .zlg self recreated upon inspection of registry.

You're telling me, I am cross-eyed by now 2.5 weeks later. I now realise that cheap windows machines are a false economy. Macintosh here I come- next laptop upgrade.

I could not try it because I lost internet connectivity two days ago. I upgraded to Firefox 3.5.6 when the upgrade came up without thinking and also two Windows upgrades. Now my internet connectivity no longer works and even pinging my router fails. I am now on another computer going through the same router, and this computer is able to ping my router's IP address, no problems. I have no idea if this new issue is related to the .zlg, but I am desperate and I need the downed computer for a trip Dec 24. Internet Explorer no longer works either. No restore points to return to either. Please help!

I copied Trojan Remover from this laptop to the disabled laptop and ran it. Because there was no internet connection, I could not update. The version I downloaded and scanned with, was dated Dec 10, 2009. No malicious threats were found.

Help! Need to restore internet!
Help! Need to remove .zlg from registry from always recreating upon reboot.

More woes- tried to run WinsockXP Fix and it did not help at all, except, now my MediaVault file storage system which was previously accessed through the WiFi, no longer works. It seems to be going downhill...

I also uninstalled 3 Windows Security updates which were installed Dec 20. That didn't help anything either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom