Please check my HJT log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I typed "net start shellhwdetection" into CMD, It says: The requested service has already been started.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\Explorer]

All I can see under there is (Default) - I'm guessing because I changed the settings to default to see if it fixed my problem earlier but it didn't work.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run] -> Doesn't go further than Explorer...? There isn't a lower level called Run, or anything else under explorer.

Alrighty then.

Thanks for your help, until now. Just one final question. Before, when I asked if you recommend running another program for an extra layer of security along with my antivirus. You said MalwareBytes is a good one, the paid version. Do you stand behind that statement?

Is there anything that I can run with Kaspersky IS 2009 to protect myself even further? Money isn't a problem. Let me know.

Edit: I was just having a look at that page you gave me earlier, I was looking through the registries as it is telling me to, and I'm no pro at this but doesn't this registry value seem weird to you?

Under:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom ->Theres something named AutoRunAlwaysDisable
double click it and the value data is as follows:

TORiSAN CD-ROM CDR_C36
NEC MBR-7
NEC MBR-7.4
PIONEER CHANGR DRM-1804X
PIONEER CD-ROM DRM-6324X
PIONEER CD-ROM DRM-624X

Any idea what this might be?

Yes I do. The paid version uses real time protection.

I dont use software firewalls unless it comes with the package like XP and AVG. Hardware is the way to go.

Those Reg entries look legit. Mine look similar but not exact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom