Please analyze HJT log

Status
Not open for further replies.
No....no more popups however I think something is still wrong with my computer. I mentioned the internet malfunction didn't I? Another thing that kinda bothers me is how many running processes my computer has at one time, especially at start up. The sum of all of these seems to slow my cpu down so below optimum speed. The basic functionality that I want my computer to serve is:
1) internet
2) email
3) music and media
4) downloads
5) word and other office programs

in this order. I suppose what this rant is leading to is the quesion, why are all of these processes running? And are there things (programs ect.) that I can do (use) to better shape this wanted functionality? I appreciate your help. And I only ask because you seem to be a better resource on the subject than anyone else I am in touch with.

thanks again

p.s. As I was typing this. The internet problem I discussed in a previous post occured again. No connectivity, although I have an "excellent" signal from my wireless net work. I have ran the repair function which you can access by right clicking the wireless icon in the taskbar and at the end of the repair an error message comes up saying that the netBT cannot be cleared. Figured maybe this info could help.This is really annoying.....

Well we may have the spyware problem solved so that is good. The processess at startup, if you went thru my whole guide there was a msconfig section in there that will help you out, you should go thru it right fast and see if that solves another problem, then we will continue with the next problem. :)

Ok, I ran msconfig (did this before already, but did it again), restarted and still had programs coming up. I use windows live email (that came up) and also adaware se came up. Both of these programs were disable in msconfig utility, so I don't understand why they are still running upon startup. My start up, from power on the the first task I want to do, takes about 6 minutes. Maybe I'm impatient but this seems to long. Also, internet troubles still persist here and there. I kinda want to start over with a whole reformat, however cannot because of all the media and documents I would loose by doing this. My only interest is having my computer running the way it should. I don't want to make it into any kind of super comupter, and the tasks that I want to run regularly are basic. Every scan I have done in the last couple days come back without any negative results. Nothing bad is found in otherwords. I don't know much about this stuff but I think that I got some hidden stuff somewhere or a bunch of things that run regularly that I really don't need. That's enough for now. I don't mean to be a pain and I do appreciate your interest in helping.

have a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom