PAV.exe HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No luck. It is embedded too deeply and in too many places. Malware Bytes still will not run no matter what I do. I have a sinking feeling that it has infected our network as well, as my AVG software alerted me to an issue that wasn't even on my machine locally, but one on our network. There has been at least one other case of someone "accidentally" clicking on the pop-up. I am just going to issue a stern warning and re-image those machines. there is one though that I am going to see if MBAM will run before I re-image. I think that if no one has tried to do anything to remove it then maybe MBAM will run; the first case they tried to uninstall it using the PAV uninstall, so we'll see. I will post again with the outcome.

So check this out, Osiris, I pulled the machine from the room it was in and brought it back to my lab, logged on locally (with no network connection) and am now able to run MBAM!!! It is running as I type this, so we'll see if it removes the PAV. The next step is to find out if it has already infected the network....

According to the MBAM log, PAV also installs as a .lnk
The path was on the c drive under docs and settings\username\desktop\Personal AntiVirus.lnk and tagged it as a rogue virus. So now I will try logging onto the network and see what happens.

MBAM found and removed it! Next thing is to take the network down and run it on the server....this thing has gotten in and is affecting data uploads.

Keep an eye out for this virus, it's sneaky! It has completely stopped almost all of our web based software from operating. Anything we do where data is transferred over the web, this thing redirects portions making it impossible for a complete transfer. It seems to be only affecting the smaller files though (2Kb to 200Kb):confused:, but that's enough to make life miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom