My search homepage hijack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brayden's dad

Baseband Member
G'day all,

I have a big problem I hope you can help me with. "My search" has hijacked my homepage & won't go away. I try to manually set the home page to google but My search comes back.

It also won't let me access MSN either.

I've removed the "My search bar" from "Add/remove programs" but still no good.:mad:

I am running Windows XP home edition.

I saw on this website how to manually remove "my search bar" by going into the registry & removing files there, but before I venture where angels fear to tread, is this what I need to do?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Troy.

Brayden's dad,
First download HijackThis from my signature below.
Create a folder on you C:\ drive and name it C:\HJT
Put HJT in that folder and run it from there from now on.
Here are are some initial instructions.

We are going to need to remove a few things, but first I would like you do to the following: The reason I am asking for these first initial steps is that it can clear up some items in the first part of the fix if needed.

I have outlined some preliminary steps that we need to address. You may want to print out these intructions for reference. This process will take a few steps so please be patient and follow the provided directions.

[1.]
First Download CWShredder
And save it to your desktop.
Close all open browser windows and any other open windows.

Install CWShredder, then:

Open CWS and click Check for Updates
Then click "FIX"

[2.]
Please run at least one of these online scans, allow it to delete anything it finds:
You may have to select the auto-fix option prior to scanning, it should be a selection box on the screen. If you are a dial-up user just do one, this can take some time.
If you are a broadband user, I would suggest at least 2 of the 3. One extra scan is most often times enough.
Please make a note of anything that wasn't or couldn't be fixed.
Reboot your machine when finished.

[3.]
You may have run these programs already, make sure they are up to date and run per provided instructions.
Current Versions are:
Spybot S&D Ver: 1.3 Download Here
Ad-Aware SE Build 1.05 Download Here

Download and install both Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware SE.

Instructions:

Spybot S&D:
Go to your Start Menu >> Programs >> Spybot S&D >> then choose Spybot S&D.

*Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D
*Click the button to "Search for Updates" and download and install the Updates.
*Close Spybot then launch it again
*Click the button "Check for Problems"
*When Spybot is done scanning, it will be showing "RED" (RED) entries, "BLACK" entries and "GREEN" (GREEN) entries in the window
*Put a check mark beside the RED (RED) entries ONLY.
*Choose "Fix Selected Problems" and allow Spybot to fix the RED (RED) entries.

Ad-Aware SE FULL SCAN:
Go to your Start Menu >> Programs >> Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE >> then choose Ad-Aware SE Personal.

When the main window opens look in the bottom right corner and click on Check For Updates Now then click Connect and download the latest reference files.

From main window:
*Click Start then under Select a scan Mode check Perform Full System Scan.
*Next deselect Search for negligible risk entries.
*To scan just click the Next button.

When the scan has finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it.
(Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and click Next)
The program will ask if you want to fix/delete selected items, choose yes/fix.

[4.]
Enable show hidden files and folders:

* Click Start.
* Open My Computer.
* Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
* Select the View Tab.
* Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
* Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
* Click Yes to confirm.
* Click OK.

[5.]
Update your current Virus Scan Definitions:

[6.]
Reboot into Safe Mode and Scan with Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware SE
Then Scan with your Anti-Virus Program

[7.]
Delete your temp files:

Navigate to the C:\Windows\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Go to Start > Run and type %temp% in the Run box. The Temp folder will open. Click Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Finally go to Control Panel > Internet Options. On the General tab under "Temporary Internet Files" Click "Delete Files". Put a check by "Delete Offline Content" and click OK. Click on the Programs tab then click the "Reset Web Settings" button. Click Apply then OK.

Empty Your Recycle Bin.

[8.]
Reboot normally and post a new HJT log by using Post a Reply:

Thanks,
rstones12

Troy,

No problem,
Just make sure to post a new HJT log when you have completed the steps.

Thanks,
rstones12

Ok, I'm having some problems.

CW Shredder keeps telling me it is "unable to check for updates" (yes I am connected to the internet when I ask for the updates). So I ran the program with what it had originally downloaded. It found a hidden file & asked me to reboot which I did. I ran the scan again & the file was still there.

When I run "Ad-aware SE Personal 1.05" it seems to lock itself out when it gets around file no. 62,000 while running "conditional scans". At first it was doing it at around file 125,000. I thought it may have been a download problem so I re-installed it. Same problem. It tells me it is busy but I've let it run for upwards of an hour & it hasn't moved one iota.

A "No Adware" program also downloaded when I downloaded the SE 1.05 program. What do I do with this?

I've tried to play around with the "Trend mico-soft" program but I don't seem to be able to find the "tree" they are referring to nor the "scan" button.

I am running Windows XP Home Edition.

How do I do a HJT log & what is the simple way to post the results? I've read through the moderator's posts in this forum but they don't clearly (at least to me) tell me how to do it. I am scared to download anything else without clearance from you guys should it make my problems worse.

Best regards,
Troy.

Troy,

If you are having diffuculty installing HJT here is how.

First create a folder on your C:\ drive, then rename it C:\HJT

Once you have done this, download HJT from HERE

Save the file in the C:\HJT folder.

Go to C:\HJT and click on HijackThis.exe

Once the program starts you will have the option to scan or scan system and save log file:

Do the scan system and save log file. It will promt you to save the log file.
Save the .txt file in C:\HJT

Once you save the log file open the file by double clicking it, then click:

CTRL+A, then CTRL+C
Reply to this message and then click CTRL+V

This will copy the contents into the post.

Hope that helps.

rstones12

HJT log

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:43:31 PM, on 28/03/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Apps\ActivBoard\nhksrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\ActivityDisk.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\slserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
C:\Apps\ActivBoard\MMKeybd.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsxsvc\wsxsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vmss\vmss.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Apps\ActivBoard\TrayMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\AD2KClient.exe
C:\Apps\ActivBoard\OSD.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\sllights.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:NavigationFailure
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = about:blank
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = http://www.yumgo.co.uk
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Apps\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: URLLink Class - {4A2AACF3-ADF6-11D5-98A9-00E018981B9E} - C:\Program Files\NewDotNet\newdotnet6_38.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4A441FCB-AF07-4809-98C0-AB3EFE61BA47} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\cfhcpc.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EM_EXEC] C:\PROGRA~1\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ACTIVBOARD] C:\Apps\ActivBoard\MMKeybd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Iomega Startup Options] C:\Program Files\Iomega\Common\ImgStart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Iomega Drive Icons] C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [New.net Startup] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL,NewDotNetStartup -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dvx] C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsxsvc\wsxsvc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vmss] C:\WINDOWS\system32\vmss\vmss.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Iomega Active Disk] C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\AD2KClient.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Update Service] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\TEKNUM~1\update.exe /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Begone] C:\freescan\freescan.exe -FastScan
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Find Fast.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Office Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Hijacked Internet access by New.Net
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {10003000-1000-0000-1000-000000000000} - ms-its:mhtml:file://c:\nosuch.mht!http://2awm.com/pop/chm/tt1sp.chm::/on-line.exe
O16 - DPF: {1E89F686-B78D-4C85-9EFC-3474516E3FE2} - http://directplugin.com/plugin/109998.exe
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {3B02AAA2-327C-40ED-A849-4BE819AE5385} (ImgSizer Control) - file://C:\Documents and Settings\Troy\Local Settings\Temp\~DlfnTmp0\imgSizer.ocx
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061001/housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/SymAData.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{645D9B91-A9BD-43D9-8800-FDC42B4F8A64}: NameServer = 203.2.75.132 198.142.0.51
O18 - Filter: text/html - {5D4387DF-C7A6-4034-A444-0E0969302B60} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\cfhcpc.dll
O18 - Filter: text/plain - {5D4387DF-C7A6-4034-A444-0E0969302B60} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\cfhcpc.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Iomega Activity Disk2 - Iomega Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\ActivityDisk.exe
O23 - Service: IomegaAccess - Iomega Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\IomegaAccess.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Netropa NHK Server (nhksrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Apps\ActivBoard\nhksrv.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: SmartLinkService (SLService) - - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\slserv.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: ZipToA - Iomega Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ZipToA.exe

Thanks so much for your help.

Best regards,
Troy.

I'm not sure if it means anything but I should provide you with all the info I can.

After I posted the above & I tried to get out of the HJT log, it prompted me that the log had changed. So I ran the scan again.

Here is the latest (& greatest?):

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:59:28 PM, on 28/03/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Apps\ActivBoard\nhksrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\ActivityDisk.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\slserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
C:\Apps\ActivBoard\MMKeybd.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsxsvc\wsxsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vmss\vmss.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Apps\ActivBoard\TrayMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\AD2KClient.exe
C:\Apps\ActivBoard\OSD.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\sllights.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:NavigationFailure
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = about:blank
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = http://www.yumgo.co.uk
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Apps\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: URLLink Class - {4A2AACF3-ADF6-11D5-98A9-00E018981B9E} - C:\Program Files\NewDotNet\newdotnet6_38.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4A441FCB-AF07-4809-98C0-AB3EFE61BA47} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\cfhcpc.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EM_EXEC] C:\PROGRA~1\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ACTIVBOARD] C:\Apps\ActivBoard\MMKeybd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Iomega Startup Options] C:\Program Files\Iomega\Common\ImgStart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Iomega Drive Icons] C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [New.net Startup] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL,NewDotNetStartup -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dvx] C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsxsvc\wsxsvc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vmss] C:\WINDOWS\system32\vmss\vmss.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Iomega Active Disk] C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\AD2KClient.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Update Service] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\TEKNUM~1\update.exe /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Begone] C:\freescan\freescan.exe -FastScan
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Find Fast.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Office Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {10003000-1000-0000-1000-000000000000} - ms-its:mhtml:file://c:\nosuch.mht!http://2awm.com/pop/chm/tt1sp.chm::/on-line.exe
O16 - DPF: {1E89F686-B78D-4C85-9EFC-3474516E3FE2} - http://directplugin.com/plugin/109998.exe
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {3B02AAA2-327C-40ED-A849-4BE819AE5385} (ImgSizer Control) - file://C:\Documents and Settings\Troy\Local Settings\Temp\~DlfnTmp0\imgSizer.ocx
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061001/housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/SymAData.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{645D9B91-A9BD-43D9-8800-FDC42B4F8A64}: NameServer = 203.2.75.132 198.142.0.51
O18 - Filter: text/html - {5D4387DF-C7A6-4034-A444-0E0969302B60} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\cfhcpc.dll
O18 - Filter: text/plain - {5D4387DF-C7A6-4034-A444-0E0969302B60} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\cfhcpc.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Iomega Activity Disk2 - Iomega Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\ActivityDisk.exe
O23 - Service: IomegaAccess - Iomega Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\IomegaAccess.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Netropa NHK Server (nhksrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Apps\ActivBoard\nhksrv.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: SmartLinkService (SLService) - - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\slserv.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: ZipToA - Iomega Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ZipToA.exe

It was probably the way I went about exiting but it hasn't hurt to re- post.

Thanks again.

Best regards,
Troy.

Troy,
Well you have a couple of natsy infections on your system.

I will be posting a series of directions please follow them as listed.

First,
Go to Start | Control Panel | Add-Remove Programs

Remove the following items if found.

NewdotNet
Spyware Begone

Next

Download FxAgentB.exe from HERE and save it to your desktop. After downloading, double-click the FxAgentB file to run it and the program will scan your entire hard drive - this may take a while. When it is done, it will generate a log file called FxAgentB.log - save that information as you will need to paste it here later. Reboot when done.

Next run CWShredder, hit 'fix' as opposed to 'scan only'. If you already have CWShredder, click 'Check for update' and make sure you are running version 2.13. Reboot when done.

Now run Ad-Aware SE and Spybot S&D,
Remove anything they find.

Reboot when done, rescan with HijackThis and post a new log here, together with the FxAgentB log.

Thanks,
rstones12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom