Looking into spam/virus appliance.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuff02Ranger

Solid State Member
Where I work, we have done an excellent job with virus protection and building our own 'black list' to prevent some of the spam that comes into our exchange server. However, we are now to the point of looking into something like a Barracuda system to eliminate so much of the spam and viruses getting through to our employees.

I've looked around and found handfulls of vendors that supply these types of appliances, but I'm wondering if anyone has done any sort of comparison between multiple appliances. Does anyone have anything bad to say about certain ones out there? Are there systems to stay away from? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

p.s. why am I a virgin techie? and a virgin at that?

Because that's what they call newbies. You have to have a certain number of posts before you can change that. Keep posting in ANYTHING but off-topic and you will get there.

Okay, let me look and it may take me over the weekend, so remind me on Sun if I haven't posted by then. Liz

No big hurry. Just in a research stage before doing a major purchase and I wanna find the most info I can. Thanks for your help.

I think I accidently found what you are looking for while hunting for something else just now:

It's a list from SpywareInfo.com (in a private forum) using Spyware Warrior's and PC Pitstop's list:

AdProtector
AdwareHunter (adwarehunter.com/browser-page.com)
AdWareRemoverGold (adwareremovergold.com)
BPS Spyware & Adware Remover (bulletproofsoft.com) -- AdAware knockoff,
InternetAntiSpy (internetantispy.com)
NoAdware (noadware.net/netpalnow.com)
Online PC-Fix SpyFerret
PurityScan (purityscan.com/puritysweep.com)
Real AdWareRemoverGold (adwareremovergold.com/sg08.biz)
Spybouncer (spybouncer.com)
SpyAssault (spyassault.com)
SpyBan (spyban.net) -- noadware clone
SpyBlast (spyblast.com/advertising.com)
Spyblocs/eBlocs.com (eblocs.com)
SpyDeleter (spydeleter.com/209.50.251.182)
SpyEliminator (securetactics.com) -- dead?
SpyFerret (onlinepcfix.com) -- also Lop Uninstaller, Xupiter Uninstaller
SpyGone (spygone.com) -- SpyBot S&D ripoff
SpyHunter (enigmasoftwaregroup.com\spywareremove.com\spybot-spyware.com\
SpyKiller (spy-killer.com/maxionsoftware.com/spykiller.com/spykillerdownload.com/
SpyKillerPro (spykillerpro.com)
Spyware Annihilator (solidlabs.com)
SpywareBeGone (spywarebegone.com\freespywarescan.org)
SpywareCleaner (»www.checkforspyware.com/ - »www.spw2a.com/sc/)
SpywareCrusher (spywarecrusher.com)
SpywareInfoooo.com
SpywareKilla (spywarekilla.com)
SpywareNuker (spywarenuker.com/trekblue.com/trekdata.com/spyware-killer.com/
SpywareRemover (spy-ware-remover.com/spywareremover.com)
SpywareThis (spywarethis.com)
SpywareZapper (spywarezapper.com) -- looks like it may be TZ Spyware Adware Remover
SpyWiper (mailwiper.com)
ssppyy pro (ssppyy.com)
TZ Spyware Adware Remover (trackzapper.com)
VBouncer/AdDestroyer (spywarelabs.com/virtualbouncer.com)
Warnet (warnet.com)
XoftSpy (download-spybot.com/paretologic.com/downloadspybot.com/no-spybot.com) - this may be a SpyHunter clone
ZeroSpyware (zerospyware.com/zeroads.com)

Suspect
Spyware X Terminator

And I KNEW there was another place to look: http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

Unfortunately, no. This is all software that is coming up on the internet that you have listed. I'm looking for hardware. Literally a machine for my network, that is placed between our exchange server and the internet, that filters out emails containing viruses, spam mail, blacklisted domains, etc.

Unfortunately, hardware has to have software to make it run. So regardless of what hardware you use, you still have to use something from this list. Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom