Infected laptop - Hijack This log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake64_009

In Runtime
Hi there, just went over to my parents laptop as they told me it was infected. So I ran through Osiris's guide and here is the log. The infection seems to be gone for now but we shall wait and see.

Attachments

• log.txt
    9.7 KB · Views: 98
Remove the following entries by checking the "Fix Checked" box.

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [csrss] C:\WINDOWS\csrss.exe

You also need to choose one Anti Virus software. Either AVG8 or Symantec. I recommend you keep AVG8. Having more then one AV product will effect the others ability to completely scan and remove the virus's.

And also update to latest version of Java - Download Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0.6 - FileHippo.com

post a new log when finished.

Ok here is the new log.

Thanks for the heads up on the java.

Regarding the antivirus program. I tried removing Norton Internet security when I saw that it was on the laptop before starting but I could not uninstall it. It won't let me. Say's I need to be logged into norton but the program does not even load up.... It has not even been used (came pre-installed with the laptop 2 years ago). Any way I can get rid of it?

Oh and how can I go about learning how to use hijackthis? Then maybe I won't need to harass people on this board haha! I am getting fairly confident removing viruses etc but I have no idea how to use hijack this.

Attachments

• log.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 94
Well when i go through logs i know some common infections.

Also most files with (no name) and (no file) together can be removed.

Google things you think may be harmful and if you are 100% its something malicious then remove it, you may want to create a restore point if something goes wrong.

Also to remove Norton use this tool: |MG| Norton Removal Tool (SymNRT) 2008.0.3.16

whats up with the ...?

Did anyone check the new log posted above?

Or did you take offense from my post? Because none was intended... I was asking a question is all. I appreciate the work you guys do here...

Nope it seems to have been solved, although sometimes internet would go off randomly or firefox would close, but I doubt that has anything to do with viruses as nothing is picked up on the programs. Thanks everyone once again. I'll try out your program sometime this week osiris as well :).

Wouldnt worry about ECTechs edit. most likely he noticed that Redmoon had already posted a fix for ya and didnt wanna be redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom