HijackThis Log: Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent gotten any pop ups yet! I'll let you know if i get any. The only problem i'm having is with windows update, it wants to update to sp3 office and it won't go away in the tray.

Step1 | ATF Cleaner

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only

• Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
    Under Main choose: Select All
    Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browser
  • Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browser
  • Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Step2 | Resetting XP Store Points

To reset your restore points, please note that you will need to log into your computer with an account which has full administrator access. You will know if the account has administrator access because you will be able to see the System Restore tab. If the tab is missing, you are logged in under a limited account.

(Windows XP)
1. Turn off System Restore.
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

2. Reboot.

3. Turn ON System Restore.
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
UN-Check *Turn off System Restore*.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Step3 | ComboFix Uninstall

I now need you to uninstall ComboFix. To do so please go to Start => Run, and copy/paste the following text in quotes:

"combofix /u"

ComboFix will flash and then state that it has been uninstalled. It will remove the tools, and archive folders we used during our fixing your computer to make it more cleanly.

----------------------------

After doing the above 3 steps .. your all clean! Good work on fixing your computer and following my instruction :D

As for Windows Update .. it won't go away until you finish updating your computer :)

BTW, you should do that too. Goto:

http://www.windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Then click Custom update, and update everything until there is no more updates.

thanks a lot man! You've been very helpful, now i know who to go to for virus troubles! I'll probably post a highjackthis log on my desktop just to make sure everythings good. And i took care of the windows update thing too, and uninstalled the recovery console so it doesnt want to dual boot on startup. I learned how to edit the boot.ini file and i never knew how before... :) thanks again

~peace!

Post up a DSS from your other PC in a new thread. No problems on the cleaning.

Good work on fixing your PC, and I hope you have safe surfing in the future.

The Deckards System Scanner Log. It's the green linked speech. Just use this on your friends if you want to get it checked:

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom