HijackThis Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I spent hours trying to figure out why on safe mode I had no problems and in normal mode I did, so I started to test a "hybrid" of states between Normal mode and Safe mode, and finally found a partial solution! If I disable the Event Log Service in msconfig, then the problem goes away, and I can get rid of all startup programs:

staav8.png

Do I really need the Event Log Service? I think I could live without it, though knowing that if I ever decide to switch it on, the virus living on my computer will decide to use it as SPAMbot, everything seems fine now.

What do you think? Should I try to get rid of the problem that only happens with that service enabled or should I just ignore it and live without that service?

You really dont need it but it is nice to have. What antivirus do you run? whatever you had, its probably not running anymore......

Thanks for the help.

All the anti-virus I've tried slow my computer too much, so what I was doing was to just run the Anti-virus when I was going to open an exe file downloaded from Internet. I was using Kaspersky anti-virus but it let me down with this problem (Since it seems I was infected by a Malware, that this and other anti-virus programs don't recognize).

I also tried Avast, Nod32, and Panda Antivirus (That un-installed all the anti-virus stuff I had) and all of them slow my computer (specially startup) and yet they say I'm clean, so I'm pretty sure that having all them loaded when I was infected wouldn't have helped, so I'm without Anti-virus right now (And I think I'll still be till I find one that is very lightweight).

What do you think is the best anti-virus out there (Preferably one that doesn't take over my computer [Doesn't auto start on startup])?

Thanks, I installed AVG Free and it's now doing a scan.

I hope to never need to enable the event log service.

No, it's actually pretty fast :) . Also, I was a bit surprised that AVG found the problem that made me create this thread in the first place! Here's what it found:

virxx9.png

And it seems the virus is entirely gone! After I reactivated the Event Log Service , my computer no longer sends SPAM. So, everything is back to normal, thank you very much :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom