hijackthis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another fresh install? I'll pass on that lol, I can live with it if you say it's safe to. As for as the Absolute Poker..I didn't install it, my brother did. He plays it online. It's just like all the other online poker places (Full Tilt, Poker Stars etc). You think that it's causing a problem? I could take it off if it is.

Thanks again for all the help. Much appreciated

Another fresh install? I'll pass on that lol, I can live with it if you say it's safe to. As for as the Absolute Poker..I didn't install it, my brother did. He plays it online. It's just like all the other online poker places (Full Tilt, Poker Stars etc). You think that it's causing a problem? I could take it off if it is.

Thanks again for all the help. Much appreciated

You CAN remove cftmon.exe

Gerhard Schlager :: CTFMON-Remover

It's just the speech recognition, if you dont use it, then remove it.

I meant it should not be removed due to it being apart of the OS. It will require a format and reinstall unless an update replaces it.

Personally I would keep it.

Yeah, I just left it on.

Hey tech: I woke up this morning to find my scheduled avg scan picked up the potential warnings again. I don't know why they would be picked up again.. I haven't done anything to the since the online scan. ?

Also is it normal for the things I removed with that msconfig cleanup to reappear? quicktime somehow jumped into the startup and always comes back.. quicktime is just terrible.. any way to just have itunes w/o having to install quicktime?

edit: I was thinking that if I installed internet explorer 7 that maybe those files that came up as potential warnings on avg would go away.. well.. not all of them went away but it went from having 190 to 30.. and all of them only said found adaware..not trojan, vundom and the others.

Is AVG showing it in the ActiveX part of the registry? Post another Hijackthis Log so I may review it. You have to keep Quicktime because Apple just loves for you to have their software. They've been trying to shove Safari into my computer ever since I got the Apple Update Software ;).

Log(s) Required In Next Post
----------------------------

New Hijackthis Log

Kind Regards,
Techpro5238

No, system restore is not turned off.

I did some digging around and this seems to be happening to a lot of users who have either avg8 along with spybot s&d or spywareblaster... the potential warnings are being caused by using Spyware Blaster security application on your computer, which contains "immunize" feature. The key contains the same registry entries as the actual threats, thus preventing them from working correctly. Some anti-spyware programs use this method to prevent launching of the malware. These parts are still detected by AVG signatures and that is why AVG marks them as infected.

Wow, I don't see how I missed this online the first time I checked, but it seems like avg is making an update so that this incompatibility issue will be resolved within a few weeks.

Thanks for the help

That's what I was saying before :). I was saying there was an incompatibility between the softwares.

I was requesting the HJT Log so I could remove QTTask from your startup :)

Other than that, your log is completely clean and you are free to go ;)

Kind Regards,
Techpro5238

Yeah you did, you were right the whole time :) Hey, at least we got something with the online scanner ;) As for as the QQtask goes, looks like msconfig cleanup has done the trick.

Thanks again, also for the time spent helping, much appreciated. Keep up the good work.

On the brightside, I think we can finally move this thread to the finished section :)

Just as a note, you did follow those last few instructions, and you reset your restore points right?

If not, then there is still malware in the restore points.

Summarized question is, did you turn off/on your system restore? If so, then do so now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom