HELP! COMPUTER CRASHES 3 MINUTES AFTER BOOTING UP! HJT included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news! Removed Avast and no more crashes! :) BUT, there's a whole new issue now. My desktop is completely blank. All programs are gone. And now there are probably 30 small windows cascading down my screen saying Windows-Delayed Write Failed. Errors popping up all over the place. Another window came up saying "Windows OS can't detect free hard drive space, hard drive error". All of them showing different files. Another says "Windows detected a hard disk problem", "Hard drive clusters are partly damaged. Segment load failure."

I took a pic of the screen with my phone to upload here, but I can't figure out how to do that. :/

PLEASE HELP!

Restart into Safe Mode. There bring up the command prompt. After that type in this command exactly as you see it:

sfc /scannow

Let it go. Then reboot into normal mode and see what happens.

Thank you. I'll let you know how it goes.

Looks like it's done? Here is what it says:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example c:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

The system file repair changes will take effect after the next reboot."

So, I'm assuming I reboot now? :)

Rebooted.

No change. Empty desktop, popups all over the place. What now?

A new message that has popped up:

Files indexation process failed
Indexation process failure may cause:
File may become unreadable
Files and documents can be lost
OS may slow down dramatically.

It is highly recommended to run file integrity checker now and resolve this issue.

Try doing this. Start>in the search box type in cmd. You will see it come up in the window above. Right click on it and select Run as Admin. From there use the same command from normal mode.

Please dont multi post. The edit button looks like a pencil and is used to add information to your posts within a 24 hour period. Please use that instead of adding a new reply.

Sorry about that. :whistle:

I ran the scan in normal mode as you instructed, and got the same result. Blank desktop, error messages. No programs at all. :/

Edited to add: I started messing around with it and went to search in the start menu. Typed in firefox, and it appeared in the box above it. Clicked on it, browser opened, and then BOOM, blue screen crash....again.

Stop: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x82AFD433, 0x8A917B4C, 0x8A917730)

Should I just take a baseball bat to this thing??

It sounds like either a driver or some software you have installed is still causing you issues.

I noticed when the all my icons disappeared, a program called System Fix started to run. I didn't pay any attention to it, would move it out of the way. I've researched it, and it looks like a virus. I'm taking steps to get rid of it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom