Funny thing happening after boot... can you check my log?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I tried a windows repair like suggested earlier, but when I did I lost all my dll's for some reason and couldn't launch internet or anything. So I installed a new copy of windows, and when I did, I lost my ethernet controller so couldn't get online to get the necessary driver. I think this may be because I updated my BIOS and now for some reason can't load a driver from the motherboard disk for the ethernet....

so.. .I guess I will post in the hardware section to see how to fix it. Thanks for the replies and sorry to have been such a pain.

Cheers

Well, I dont think a BIOS update will change the hardware for your NIC. Can you go to the manufacturers website and download the drivers?

I just did from work and saved it to a disc. I will take it home and try to install it. I don't understand the problems here have never had them before. Maybe because I did an install over an install and not a fresh format?

I know... I have just done it so many dang times I thought I could get away with just a reinstall. You think that would solve the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom