Did I do this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol - my name applies doesn't it? What do you mean recheck antivirus? Run a scan? I assume I should disable all and hit apply?

I created her a new desktop - just move her documents from her original to her new desktop? After I do that, am I okay to delete her old desktop?

I was there at one time, as long as everyone else in this board :silly:

Recheck your antivirus, when you clicked disable all, all items where unchecked. If you know what brand your antivirus is lets say AVG then you would look for the name AVG and recheck it, then reboot.

Her desktop - yes, copy over ALL files she wants, and then delete. Make sure you get everything before you do this including Favorites just in case.

Okay, I rebooted, fired up my desktop and got this message...

You have used the system configuration utilities to make changes to the way windows starts.

The system configuration utility is currently in diagnostic or selective startup mode, causing this message to be displayed and the utility to run every time windows starts.

Choose the normal startup mode on the general tab to start windows normally and undo the system changes you made using the system configuration utility.

And then it prompts me to hit ok.

Btw - my desktop and internet explorer loaded lightning fast that time...

Reboot again, you will see the system configuration utilty, put a check mark in the box on the left and click ok..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom