about:blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkb72

Beta member
Hello All,
All of a sudden "about:blank" is in my Yahoo address bar. How and why is it there? I am new to all this computer stuff so WTH?
From what I have read on here it is some type of adware & or virus that can hi-jack your home-page. But this is not the case here, only appears in the address bar. I run Mcafee security and have scanned my computer but it says nothing is detected. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks.

I need you to follow the instructions in this thread: http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34713

Please create a directory on your C:\ drive called C:\HJT, download and unzip HijackThis into that directory. Run the program from that directory from now on.

STEPS For Creating Folder

1. 1. Please go to My Computer, open your C:\ drive, Select: New >> Folder and name the folder HJT.

2. Download HijackThis to the new folder:

3. Double Click on 'HijackThis.zip' to extract and install HijackThis.exe to the new folder.

4. Close ALL windows except HJT

5. SCAN with HJT and SAVE LOG. (a notepad window will open with the log in it when you click Save Log) (Ctrl-A to'select all', Ctrl-C to 'copy')

6. POST the log in this thread using 'Add Reply' (Ctrl-V to 'paste')
Please make sure you post the entire log including the top portion:

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS SOME OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTER

Liz

Southernlady,
I had one of the IT guys from my wife's office help me w/ this. Just wanted to let you know all is good now and thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom