Hi

OvidiuN7

Baseband Member
I just started learning Java. So far im familiar with pascal and a bit of html. Is there any fast way I can learn to program in java and if yes, I would be so happy if someone will tell me where I can find a good tutorial( on oracle.com are the worst tutorials ever)

Last edited:
I recommend learning the C language first, although not necessary. This is because I have been told the C language is the easiest to learn so if you get used to the technique, it would be easier to learn any other language.

I got this advice from someone as I am doing a programming course this summer. Good luck !

I recommend learning the C language first, although not necessary. This is because I have been told the C language is the easiest to learn so if you get used to the technique, it would be easier to learn any other language.

I got this advice from someone as I am doing a programming course this summer. Good luck !

From what I know is that java is more dynamic than C/C++ though allowing it to be easily modified+ its supported on every pc

I learned Java using a Java for Dummies book. Got the book for free so decided why not. It helped me immensely throughout the rest of my computer science education (C++, C, ASP.NET, C#, you name it)

I learned Java using a Java for Dummies book. Got the book for free so decided why not. It helped me immensely throughout the rest of my computer science education (C++, C, ASP.NET, C#, you name it)

Is there an electronic version for sale?

I wasn't able to find my exact book, but Amazon has tons of them.
If you want video tutorials, there's a site I've used called lynda.com that's pretty helpful (and has a 7-day free trial)

Sorry OT but iFargle do you think that the C language would help with other languages??

Please explain how java helped you in as simple terms as you can put if you don't mind.

I don't see why not. It's a lower level language though so it doesn't have certain things such as function overloading that C++ and others have. C++ is an OOP language whereas C isn't, etc. It's also a bit easier to interpret for a beginner, being a "mid level" language :tongue:

C++ is an OOP language whereas C isn't, etc. :

I learned c back in college. I have a tough time making the transition to OOP. I think I get the basic idea. objects have methods and attributes. but I get confused of how to use namespaces and classes. I guess I write the classes as objects and write procedural code to use those objects.

Back
Top Bottom