zune pad not working!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
well im currently at school but have only just found out m yzune pad stoped working. the back and play button work but the center touch pad has no functionality at all wether i press or touch it. as i mentioned play and back still worked and im not on lock. it worked last night when i whent to bed as i had it pluged into my speakers in my room to listen to music. i woke up this morning took my shwoer grabed my zune got on the bus whent to start my music and the pad just wont work. i will also mention i am on firmware 3.1 as well as the 3.1 drivers. i have no idea how this happend i havent droped it ever and nothing could have happend to it to stop working over night please help me. will look into google later tonight when i get home just figured some members here have zunes and maybe its happend to you.

Has it gotten wet in any way? Any massive amount of dust or something that could have come in contact with the device?

nope not at all its my baby.

well it is now working again kudos to zune technical support. as much as people complain about M$ i must say there technical support is unparalleled, for all of there products.

What was the issue they found and what was the fix? Just incase anyone else comes across this. Unless you dont want to share. :p

I had to drain the battery, plug it in charge it a little, then reset it thru the zune software. Then drain the battery again, fully charge it
I then regained the control pad, but no touch sensitivity, then had to reset the zune using the back and up button.

Interesting. So that is how a reset is done. Thanks for the info.

How do you restart the zune using the software? I'm having the same problem: my pad isn't working but my back and play buttons are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom