you tube on blackberry 8800

Status
Not open for further replies.

servo.tsc

In Runtime
It appears blackberry wont stream youtube videos due to flash not being available?? Does anyone know of a work around to make youtube work short of downloading and converting videos?
Thank you

I don't know of any off hand, it's a proprietary O/S so there's not a ton of 3rd party support, but if you haven't googled it yet, that's what I would suggest.

I say this to all the Blackberry customers that call in for tech support that, well, the Blackberry's main purpose is email and EVERYTHING else is an afterthought, even voice and text, so yeah, if you want a do-everything phone, I suggest something that runs on Palm or Windows Mobile.

It appears blackberry wont stream youtube videos due to flash not being available?? Does anyone know of a work around to make youtube work short of downloading and converting videos?
Thank you

Just speaking from personal experience with my 8800. I haven't been able to find anything either. I've been having to d/l and convert them. Doesn't take any longer than 3-4 minutes per video though.

BlackBerrys (as far as I know) have a proprietary OS, which is unfortunate because it's incredibly easy to stream YouTube on Windows Mobile based devices. I'm not sure it can be done on BlackBerry (my dad has a "BlackBerry Curve", a newer model but don't know what model that is, but it's not WM based).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom