Why Blackberry and Windows Mobile isn't going anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Source Why Blackberry and Windows Mobile isn't going anywhere

iPhone sells 1,000,000 devices in its opening weekend, Palm sells 300,000 Pre's in 3 weeks, T-Mobile has 1,000,000 G1's in circulation. You'd think with these numbers Microsoft and RIM would be pacing their respective offices. But instead both companies are business as usual. I'm almost sure that if you take a visit to Redmond or Toronto, you'll see RIM and Microsoft execs carrying on the usual tasks of readying Windows Mobile 7 for its 2010 debut and of course working on the successor to the Storm.
Most analysts keep yelling at both companies that their lagging in the innovative space, but based on the numbers RIM and Microsoft are doing just fine. They both have huge market shares and combined still outsell both Apple and Palm. Just in case you're wondering, there is a reason why both companies are not in a hurry to create the next iPhone, Pre or Android killer. And it lies deep in their strategy.

my dads htc diamond is windows 6. just got an iphone and i love it he is actually a little envious of it. my boss told me this today and it made me lol. apple releases an update to give you more free stuff, Microsoft does it to fix the stuff that should have worked in the first place lol. it isn't always true but has its humour. it is also understandable that windows mobile and rim outsell apple and android look how long they have been around. but in comparison if apple continues its domination in sales atm it wont be long before it outsells windows and rim, and with the way android is going i think it will end up being top dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom