What's your phone? thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
What ROM / Kernel Are you using?

So, like the title suggests... what ROM / Kernel combo are you all using?

Right now on my Incredible I'm running:
ROM: SkyRaider Sense 3.5 (4.0 comes out this weekend :D)
Kernel: Chad's Incredikernel 2.6.32 (only Incredikernel that works on Sense ROMs right now... they're having problems with artifacting that they haven't solved yet).

So far I like it. It's the only real custom ROM I've actually tried. Before, I just had the stock HTC Sense ROM rooted. 4.0 is supposed to have some nice features, and Sense UI based off of Sense 2.0, so that'll be interesting to see.

Re: What ROM / Kernel Are you using?

Currently using the stock 2.3.3 ROM for my phone (XWJVK firmware), and embarrassingly, I'm not sure what Kernel I'm using :p I'm very new to rooting/modding phones (as in, started this week).

Samsung Captivate
ROM: Andromeda 2.0 (Android 2.2)
Kernel: Ursa Minor (Andromeda Default)

I've been very happy with Andromeda and was planning on upgrading to Andromeda 3.0 but with the impending release of Perception II (Android 2.3.3) I'm going to wait and switch to that. I'm not sure what the default kernel for Perception II will be but based on DesignGears past work I wouldn't be surprised if it's paired with a new version of the Firebird kernel.

Currently using the stock 2.3.3 ROM for my phone (XWJVK firmware), and embarrassingly, I'm not sure what Kernel I'm using :p I'm very new to rooting/modding phones (as in, started this week).

You're on the stock Kernel if you haven't changed it :p. It's something you flash through Recovery. You can find out what version you're on if you're curious, however by going to: Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Kernel version.

I am on stock everything. I dont even have Root. I am part of the Beta program for the latest updates on the Motorola Atrix so i keep it stock. Not that i mind. Got my unlocked Tab for the fun stuff. :lol:

Of course you would be in the Beta program for something :p.

I've rooted it, so I'm presumably not on stock kernel. I used this guide.

Depends on the root process. I had my rooted, but entirely stock otherwise (stock ROM/stock kernel). Some phones you need to flash a new kernel to be able to root it. Mine was a one-click root process thanks to UnrEVOked.

I can say that the version of Android is 2.2.1 and the next update is for 2.2.2 and the current version is 1.5.7 for the software. The next beta update is assumed to be for 1.8.3 from Motorola. As for the Kernel, dont know that off hand. :lol:

Yes Carnage I am in another Beta program. :lol:

Most phones are supposed to be getting 2.3 Gingerbread sometime this summer/fall if they haven't gotten it already. Dunno if I'll try it out or not...depends how much I like SR 4.0 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom