what gen?

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
hello, my wife bought what is supposed to be a 3rd genertation i pod touch. the third row of the screen will not respond to any touch. i have been told it needs a new digitizer. i really have litte experience with repairing elecronics, but i have been replacing parts, some quite small and fragile, for many years. i have watched a few videos of how to replace the digitizer, and it does not look to difficult. but before i go ordering parts, i want to be sure what it is so i get the correct part.

hello, my wife bought what is supposed to be a 3rd genertation i pod touch. the third row of the screen will not respond to any touch. i have been told it needs a new digitizer. i really have litte experience with repairing elecronics, but i have been replacing parts, some quite small and fragile, for many years. i have watched a few videos of how to replace the digitizer, and it does not look to difficult. but before i go ordering parts, i want to be sure what it is so i get the correct part.

If it's a 3rd gen iPod it has either 32GB or 64GB (the 8GB is actually a 2nd gen model) of storage. Make sure you check this because this can be an annoying mistake depending on what part of it you want to service/repair. If it is a 3rd gen iTouch, you may be looking to purchase something like this:

Touch Digitizer Screen Frame Button Tools New for iPod Touch 3rd Gen 3 3G | eBay

Back
Top Bottom