To what degree did the ability to use apps influence your decision to buy a smartphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous001

Beta member
Did the ability to use apps influence your decision to buy a smartphone? If so, did it influence you on a high, medium, or low degree?

BB Torch 9800
Influence was low. I'm not much of an apps person to begin with. I go through App World every now and then seeing what there is, nothing really tickles my fancy. I've gone through iTunes as well, mostly I give the "meh" to everything.

My World says I have 28 apps installed.

Very Low. I never owned a smart phone before i got my Captivate and the only reason why i bought it was that i used it for 15 minutes and loved how much more responsive it was than my current phone. I knew it could do apps, but i didnt connect to the Market and see what apps were out there.

Err medium...
At present I own a Xperia X10, an I know people don't really like Sony Ericsson for some odd reason, but I got accustom over the years I guess. It's my first smart phone and since I got it, I viewed the market. I won't say apps made me/influence me to get the phone but it has truely enhanced my experience with it. Few games here and there, not really for me but my smaller cousins and stuff; Adobe to read pdfs, app to kill processes...doesn't come with a file manager, app for that.

May seem a lot when I actually check but I won't really rate the influence as High as I'm not really addicted to the apps.

Also to add to my 'medium' rating, I would actually recommend a phone with decent apps, prefablely any Andriod based, since I don't really like BlackBerry's market much and not familiar with Apple's market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom