Using only smartphone only for wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that WP7 support it cause they have a Mini version of IE9 installed on the new Mango updated devices. But no, Android and iOS do not support it. Just as I have said and as shown by the Android Developer wiki, <canvas> is not supported by any Android Device.

That demo in no way is proof that these devices support it. There is no way of knowing if those devices were rooted, jailbroken or had custom ROMS installed on them. Paton already supports my whole theory by saying he gets 1FPS. That is not going to help your cause when trying to develop this app when people will not use it cause it is to slow.

I'm confused, then. If no Android devices support <canvas>, then why does my phone run the stuff? I'm not rooted, I'm running the default browser on Android 2.2.1. I get 6fps. Yeah, that's terrible lag for that test, but my stuff is designed simply with the processing capacity of a phone in mind, so it only really only moves when the user changes something.

I see that WP7 support it cause they have a Mini version of IE9 installed on the new Mango updated devices. But no, Android and iOS do not support it. Just as I have said and as shown by the Android Developer wiki, <canvas> is not supported by any Android Device.

That demo in no way is proof that these devices support it. There is no way of knowing if those devices were rooted, jailbroken or had custom ROMS installed on them. Paton already supports my whole theory by saying he gets 1FPS. That is not going to help your cause when trying to develop this app when people will not use it cause it is to slow.
Root/custom ROM's don't generally add that kind of stuff. They remove bloat, add custom User Interface tweaks, and stuff like that. Even custom Kernel's don't usually tweak that kind of stuff; usually only voltages and clocks, and other hardware interfaced stuff.

I kind of doubt MS would have rooted/jailbroken an iPhone and Android to show against WP7. If they weren't natively able to do that, MS would boast WP7 being able to do that rather than just comparing them.

I'm confused, then. If no Android devices support <canvas>, then why does my phone run the stuff? I'm not rooted, I'm running the default browser on Android 2.2.1. I get 6fps. Yeah, that's terrible lag for that test, but my stuff is designed simply with the processing capacity of a phone in mind, so it only really only moves when the user changes something.

They do support it. Ran it on my Incredible, and I got 7fps (I've underclocked though) in both the stock browser and Dolphin. And Android is lower because it's not hardware accelerated, whereas WP7 is. Surprised the iPhone didn't do very well; thought they were hardware accelerated as well...

My LG Optimus V, android 2.2.1 ran it at 4 fps. The PC I'm on now is only getting 14 fps using Opera but it's getting 60 fps using IE9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom