[Urgent]T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 Constant Reboot

You can factory reset a rooted phone...

Yes but there is no guarantee that the reset will stay rooted. Plus given the fact that he stated he was on Samsung's ICS OS, I hightly doubt he is rooted since he doesnt realize that it is not Samsung's OS to begin with. It is Google's OS with the Samsung TouchWiz interface put over it.

So you assumed that it was rooted for what reason? Just by reading his first post I can tell you that he is not. He wasnt trying to flash anything on the phone, it just glitched into a boot loop. I have had that happen before.

To the OP:

First power down the phone. Take out the battery. Write down the information from the back of the phone. The Serial Number and Model number. BE EXACT! If it is capitalized, make sure you do that. If it is lower case, make sure you write it as lower case. Yes it extremely matters!!!

Next put the phone in Download Mode. Hold the volume down button then hit the power button.

Now start up the Samsung Kies Software. Make sure you have the latest Version installed.

Under Tools select the option to upgrade the firmware. It will ask you for the Serial and Model. This is the information you had wrote down at the start. It has to be input here exactly as it is seen on the back of the phone.

If you wrote it down right it will start the process of flashing the latest version of Android for your phone onto the device.

*Note*

Yes this will erase EVERYTHING on your phone currently.

Hello Forums,
last night i was doing my homework and using my phone for a calculator. I picked up the phone and i didn't press any buttons but the menu to restart, airplane mode, shut off, silent mode my phone came up. i pressed the home button and undid my passcode to get back in. Once i did that, phone just blew up and shut itself off.
I got the classic TV shut off on my phone, and now it's in a constant reboot state. It vibrates every 3 seconds as if it were trying to reboot. It can get to the android load screen but then shuts off and goe sinto constant reboot. I have tried Samsung Kies to do a factory reset but it doesn't stay on long enough to download and reset my phone. I was running the Samsung ICS OS.

Does anybody know anyway i could try to fix my issue, or determine whether or not it is a hardware issue? Thanks a lot :)

Happy Thanksgiving,
You have having a reboot problem-ay? No problem. All you have to do is take out the battery and reinstate it. Congratulations your phone is fixed.

TechWiz

Happy Thanksgiving,
You have having a reboot problem-ay? No problem. All you have to do is take out the battery and reinstate it. Congratulations your phone is fixed.

TechWiz

Please read all the posts before making suggestions that have already been made. Thanks.

Sorry about the one month late update: I just sent it in to Samsung for repairs. I completely forgotten about this post until today when i clicked on the bookmark for the first time in, well, a month. Anyway, Thanks for trying to help me out and to clear anything up, no the phone WASN'T rooted, And the factory reset was lucky. It normally doesn't stay on long enough for it to actualyl factory reset itself.

Same with Samsung Kies, when it was plugged in, it just didn't turn itself on and the program, Kies, didn't recognize there being a device in the first place. i still don't know what the problem is. I just hope samsung can fix it/send me a new one soon.

Thanks again guys

Back
Top Bottom