Upgrading Phone with Alltel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Chaos

Banned
Does anyone have one or has anyone here used one? I'm looking to replace my current phone which is this one:
Fastap Keypad Review Review (MobileBurn)
The fact is the phone sucks and I'd much rather have a decent phone which can play music such as the Motorokr Z6m: MOTOROKRâ„¢ Z6m Cell Phone

The only problem though is I got my phone in June '07 and signed a 2 year contract, I'm wondering if there's a way to opt out of the contract for the phone I have now and get new phone as well as a new number. I wanna be able to do it as cheaply as possible, I don't wanna pay the stupid penalty of breaking a contract.

The phone isn't as bad as some but it's far from great, sound isn't that good, the camera on it kind of sucks, it doesn't hold music, doesn't get good reception while my mom and brother's cells do out here, battery dies too fast even though I keep it well charged and have never let it die once and the thing I hate most is the fact that I get so many calls a day.

Calls from my friends are ok but I get calls asking for the previous owner(s) all the times and the calls range from subtle to just plain creepy. I've had voice messages like "Hey Priscilla I'm not gonna be at Church on Wednesday" to "Hey it's Jake, I was just calling to let ya know I ain't gonna be riding the bus tomorrow" and after a while it just starts to irritate me. I wish when someone stopped using a number that they'd at least have a voice message from Alltel saying something along the lines of "This number is no longer in use, it will soon be reactivated for a new customer, please make a note of it" so these idiots would know not to call it a thousand times a day.

So does anyone have an idea on how to get rid of this crap phone and get myself a nice, new, usable phone? I'm not looking to rip alltel off or anything, I just want a nice phone and maybe a new number but if not both then just the new phone will be ok. Thanks.

Long Story Short = I hate my phone and my number, I'd like to get a new phone and a new number without being charged an arm and a leg. Does anyone know if this is possible? Does anyone know Alltel's policy on switching phones/number before your contract is up? If anything I can deal with the number but I definitely need a new phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom