Tungsten T will not hotsync w/ XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

calsonic

Baseband Member
hey there,
i recently acquired an old Palm Tungsten T from work. this is my first encounter with a PDA and i am not very familiar with them so i hope somebody on here is.

the problem i am having is when i press the hotsycn button on the USB cradle the PDA screen says it's connecting but after a while it says i can't.
i have palm desktop v 4.1 (as im told the tungsten T's will not work w/ the latest version, and i have tried it anyway) and have checked the hotsync manager connection and it is set to USB (another "common" problem im told)

since im not familiar w/ PDA's all together im not even sure what is supposed to happen during a hotsync, i am just trying to get files to and from my pc and the palm so any help would be greatly appreciated.
also, how do you access the files on a SD card on the palm, and how would you play audio and video files on it?

thanx.

Has it ever worked? If you bought it used, it could be damaged.
Did you do a hard reset on the device?
What is the exact error when trying to sync?
I don't have Palm Desktop installed, but did you look through the various settings to verify that's it's trying to connect over USB and not some other type of connection?

well i didn't buy it, it is a decommissioned one from work (they upgraded in that department i guess) so i am assuming that it did work but i don't know.
i have tried a hard reset but it still does the same thing.
it is set up for the proper usb connection.
what happens is it just sits at the screen saying "Connecting with the desktop using Cradle/Cable" indefinably until i soft reset it because it is unresponsive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom