Tungsten E and Outlook 2003 - Sync issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

kramerP

Solid State Member
i am trying help out a customer at my company. problem is that they now have duplicate copies of all their calendar meetings and contacts in both their palm pilot, which is a tungsten E, and in their outlook, which is configured to connect to an exchange server. someone from her local support had uninstalled and reinstalled the software that came with the palm pilot, which i assume is the palm one package, which i believe includes PIM Conduit Sync, Hot Sync, etc. and after doing so and trying to sync the palm and outlook he inadvertently caused duplicates to appear. what makes this difficult is i cannot remote to her pc, get to her c$ share, etc. b/c their local support has blocked our access so i am doing this all over the phone with her.

her mailbox cannot be rolled back on the server so the only real option for her is to manually delete all the duplicates of her contacts and her calendar meetings in outlook and then resync this info with palm (to my knowledge - please indicate otherwise if not true).

once she has done this i want to have her wipe out the palm and then sync the palm pilot with outlook. however, since i am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to palm pilots and b/c of my limitations of not being able to actually see what im having her do i wanted to ask for someone's help to make sure that i have the settings configured properly to sync her palm pilot with her outlook calendar and contacts - as i do not want her to have the same problem again after the initial sync.

anyone have any good sites to reference or familiar with syncing tungsten E palms with outlook?

thanks in advance for you help,
kp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom