is there such a thing as free ringtones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
Well I just recently received my first cell phone(samsung impression). Ring tones don't mean a lot to me so it's defiantly something I wouldn't pay for...but after looking around it seems as though you can get them for "free".

What I would like to do is just take music I already have and convert it to a ring tone. How possible is this? I've found websites claiming they do this free of charge but I don't think I should trust something like that.

Any information on the subject is greatly appreciated :D

I think they end up being free, but not legal.

What I would like to do is just take music I already have and convert it to a ring tone. How possible is this? I've found websites claiming they do this free of charge but I don't think I should trust something like that.
On any modern phone yoou don't need to convert it to anything, should be able just to use MP3s.

yea but most people say it has to be under a certain size (this is what the sites do..they trim it down to where it'll fit or something) . I don't know..I'm confused as **** lol. I guess I'll try transferring some MP3's over to it and go from there and see what I can do with that.

Well I just recently received my first cell phone(samsung impression). Ring tones don't mean a lot to me so it's defiantly something I wouldn't pay for...but after looking around it seems as though you can get them for "free".

Any information on the subject is greatly appreciated :D

Use Audacity to open the sound file of the song you want to be your ring tone, then edit out the parts you don't want, and export that file as the MP3; and with the software of the phone, you can put that MP3 File on there and manually set it as your ring tone using your phone.

You can try to use BitPim to transfer the ringtones over to the phone if the other software doesn't work. I haven't bought any of my ringtones. I just use Audacity to cut parts out of the song I want and transfer it to my phone with Bitpim.

You can also try www.phonezoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom