Text Messages Off of a Droid

Harthos

Solid State Member
Hi, my girlfriend is trying to get a string of text messages off of her droid phone. MANY of them-(like a years worth).

We have tried going to Verizon, but they told us, ironically, that we don't have the legal rights to view the messages. (Btw, we are talking about messages strictly between she and I) It's like telling an apartment tenant they don't have the right to search the apartment that they are currently renting.

But, I digress. Before I go looking for a lawyer, and things get really "fun", I was wondering if anyone could recommend a few apps to try backing the text messages up, onto a computer, if possible. We only have Windows 7

Here are the specs for this phone:

SCH-i200-Android Version 4.1.2
Hardware Version i200.03
BUILD VERSION: JZ054K.I200VRBME1
Carrier: Verizon.

I'd recommend using SMSBackup+. It will back them up to her Google Drive account, and you can back up them up automatically/periodically. It will take a while for the first sync, assuming there's a lot of messages.

But then she can browse them on her computer just like she was reading them on her phone.

I've used it and it's worked fine for me. How didn't it work?

Here's the proper way to use it: http://www.howtogeek.com/112852/how-to-backup-your-text-messages-to-your-gmail-account/

Most of the SMS backup apps out there are for backing up/restoring and not necessarily for reading on a computer.

SMS Backup & Restore has an option to backup to XML and then you can send that to email/Drive/etc. And able to open it on a computer...however it's in XML and not very human readable.

Back
Top Bottom