tablet question

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
my wife wants to get my daughter a new tablet for Christmas. thankfully i was there today when she started looking at horrible cheap ones at walmart. i really have not paid much attention to them, or any of their specs, i just know the one my daughter has now (bought by my wife 4 years ago) is an awful p.o.j. that i would sooner crush than use. anyway, i am almost shocked by the lowly specs on most of them. that may be skewed by my only reference to them is working with PC's and their requirements. or the new cell phone i just bought for her (my daughter). after looking at tablets around the $200.00 price range, i am actually wondering if she would even use a tablet given the phone i bought her (a Motorola G5 plus). the specs look pretty similar except the phone actually has better specs across most of them. is there something that a tablet will do (or do better) that her phone will not? i am also curious about the micro sd card on the tablets. they are spec'd out as card readers, so i am wondering if they could be used for storage or not. if not, i am pretty certain my daughter would fill up the 16gb in a hurry. her phone is double that.

I find myself using my tablet less and less now that I have a reasonably capable cell I also have the moto G5 plus 64/4 version but if you think you daughter would want a tablet I have had good luck with lenovo tablets. I currently own a lenovo tab 2 a10-70 from 2015 and it still runs fine to this day and the battery life is amazing over 10 hours of video playback.

The tab 4 plus is on sale right now at amazon for 225$

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074FZSQ6...0f5-4042-b856-e961b79fc07f&pf_rd_i=1232597011

The 8 inch version is more expensive right now with that deal going on with the 10. Ultimately it's up to whether you think she would get good use out a tablet while having a decent phone.

Back
Top Bottom