Tablet case with keyboard not working

cah2013

Beta member
The tablet case with keyboard that I got from Ebay doesn't work when I connect it to my HP Slate 7 using the built in micro USB.

My tablet's Android 4.1 (if that helps).

I've tried the following:
- restart tablet
- reconnect the micro USB several times

If you can think of anything else I could try, please let me know.

Thank you.

Is the keyboard bluetooth? There's very few cases that actually connect to a tablet via USB.

Do you have to charge the keyboard? It's possible that there isn't enough power coming out of the tablet to drive the keyboard.

Also, check Settings -> Language and Input and see if anything is recognized under there.

No, the keyboard isn't bluetooth. You only connect it using micro USB then it's supposed to work.

And I don't think you're supposed to charge it either.

The keyboard comes with the case. It's like a built-in keyboard.

Did you read the manual for the HP Slate 7?

Slate 7 Tablet | HP® Official Site

No where on their page do I see anything that says you can connect a keyboard via Micro USB and it will work. I see that you can use the Micro USB port as an output, but nothing that says you can use it as an input for other devices.

So I would read your manual for the Slate 7 and find out if such a thing is possible. Cause all I see is a connection via BlueTooth, not USB that would work for peripherals.

Did you read the manual for the HP Slate 7?

Slate 7 Tablet | HP® Official Site

No where on their page do I see anything that says you can connect a keyboard via Micro USB and it will work. I see that you can use the Micro USB port as an output, but nothing that says you can use it as an input for other devices.

So I would read your manual for the Slate 7 and find out if such a thing is possible. Cause all I see is a connection via BlueTooth, not USB that would work for peripherals.

Android supports USB keyboards natively, but Megatron may have a point in the fact that the hardware may not support it.

Sounds like the Slate 7 may not support OTG, though: USB Host Slate 7 - HP Support Forum - 2639535

Back
Top Bottom