is a tablet the answer?

Asus tabs can be a mixed bag, I personally think samsung makes the best Android tabs, my tab 4 8 inch is a nice lower priced tab.
or you could try a chromebook, I own one and it is more awesome then most say they are.

OK so.. that was a NO GO.

For whatever reason the TF701T does NOT like to stream media. Even though it's android like my phone, and I used the same app to do it, the video desynched (frozen screen while audio going, and worse, normal audio while fast forward video) nearly every single Episode that I watched.... on top of buffering frequently. I even set my phone up side by side with it and could easily spot problems, the phone would buffer for 5 seconds.. the tablet would freeze up.

So....

back to Square 1.

What the hell should I get? I want to watch my shows... listen to streamers and talk in chat on Twitch... and do basic Google Map stuff (GPS, bluetooth both required)

Cheap laptop maybe? I mean it's gotta be pretty small though and decent battery life.... thats the biggest concern beyond working is lasting a while.+

Last edited:

For whatever reason the TF701T does NOT like to stream media. Even though it's android like my phone, and I used the same app to do it, the video desynched (frozen screen while audio going, and worse, normal audio while fast forward video) nearly every single Episode that I watched.... on top of buffering frequently. I even set my phone up side by side with it and could easily spot problems, the phone would buffer for 5 seconds.. the tablet would freeze up.

So....

back to Square 1.

What the hell should I get? I want to watch my shows... listen to streamers and talk in chat on Twitch... and do basic Google Map stuff (GPS, bluetooth both required)

Cheap laptop maybe? I mean it's gotta be pretty small though and decent battery life.... thats the biggest concern beyond working is lasting a while.+

I can recommend one of two things.

1) Netbook with a windows starter/linux OS. Currently, these are cheap, easy ways for you to have some versitility of a lower-end laptop but maximum battery life.

2) Samsung Galaxy tablet, these are the best tablets you'll ever own. Samsung has some of the better tablets and most accessories cator to them.

3) Upgrade to Note 2/3 family of smart phones.

So....

back to Square 1.

You could try unlocking the bootloader, flashing a custom recovery, and putting a custom ROM on it. Unless you're already planning on returning it, that is.

Back
Top Bottom