Substitute for Laptops

dawuddustin

Solid State Member
Which handheld device is the best substitute for laptops? I mostly use my laptop only for study purpose and sometimes for games. So which device do you thing is the best substitute for a laptop (if there are any)?

My phone has taken the place of my work laptop. My job involves me traveling to customers' locations to troubleshoot/work so my company issues a netbook to us all. It previously used an inbuilt cellular card but we are now supposed to use the hotspot on our company phones. I use my personal phone (ZTE Axon 7) in its place as it has a nice sized screen and is way faster.

For me, it's my Surface Pro but any decent Windows based tablet would be workable. I like to be able to run full fledged Windows programs such as browser, spreadsheet, word processing, etc... instead of some severely feature restricted app on an Android or iOS based tablet.

I run the exact same programs on my tablet as I do on my desktop and laptop.

My company provides me with both a Surface Pro and a cell phone. I could never replace the Surface Pro with a phone to accomplish the work I do on a daily basis.

I guess a phone would be fine if all you really use the laptop for is email and light web browsing.

Hi dawuddustin! A really believe that a tablet can be as good as a laptop or desktop computer! The latest models can deliver really great performances and this is mainly because of the technology used in them. Apple has been doing a great job, I really suggest that you get an iPad if you are looking to replace your laptop!

A tablet seems like the obvious answer. I have an iPad and its more than capable of replacing a laptop for study purposes, and has some really great games that you can download.

A good phone will do. Some mention iPad but I don't really like it, it's also weird to take photos with iPad.

Back
Top Bottom