spam problem ><

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdeadweightxx

In Runtime
ok well this guy got a hold of my phone # and he said he signed me up for alot of "crap" (im not on good terms with this person obviously). I got about 2 texts from these random things asking me to put in a PIN #. He also said he signed me up for stuff that dosent require a pin. So what im wondering is, is this stuff that dosent require a PIN going to charge me anything?

Funny...I've gotten a few emails to my phone recently. Stupid stuff too. They sent me some recipes and an email talking about discounted painkillers or something. :p There was some other topic too...like weightlifting or something. No idea who its from or how they got my info.

when you get stuff like that, reply to it with 'STOP' or 'CANCEL' and it will usually send you a message with a webpage to visit to confirm termination of that service.....

When I was with my girl, she had a friend sign up for horoscope texts on her phone. Friend entered the number online, AND responded to it with the PIN number.... my girl never felt the need to mention it to me, and we got charged out the butt for it... quite annoying.

If your phone allows create a rule to bounce all incoming messages, except those from approved contacts (Adrs BK). This should stop em and more importantly stop you getting charged.

changing the SIM card is useless... The SIM card is the heart of the phone.... changing the SIM card would mean you have new phone service.... costs money.

In the UK a lot of companies are now giving away free sim cards I order a bunch every month an pass them out to friends or family who need them or want them.

Im sure there was an ad about a while back from Orange offering a free sim ?

changing the SIM card is useless... The SIM card is the heart of the phone.... changing the SIM card would mean you have new phone service.... costs money.

Not necessarily a new phone service if you get the SIM from the same company but you would get a new number obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom