Someone is harassing me - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Technology > Phones, Tablets, and other Handheld Devices
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2018, 01:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Virgin Techie

Default Someone is harassing me

There is somebody harassing me from a fake phone number with a burner app, and I was hoping that there was somebody here that was capable of tracking the number back to who it really is. Please help.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Re: Someone is harassing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin_eagan View Post
There is somebody harassing me from a fake phone number with a burner app, and I was hoping that there was somebody here that was capable of tracking the number back to who it really is. Please help.
If its a burner app then its a new random number generated again and again .

Have you spoken to the your network to ask if they can provide more details? or contact the police and they may if they wish investigate it, they have more power to get more information.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Re: Someone is harassing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin_eagan View Post
Like Rule said, contact the Police and your Network.

But if you have in particular an Android Smart Phone, or are using a smart phone of any nature.

Have a look in your App Store or look to download as you can on Android from the Google Play Store something called "Call Recorder .."

This is what I have used and when I have had trouble in the past I have turned to this App and it has saved my *** a few times.

If you are using iOS look for something similar on the Apple Store.

In general you want something that will Automatically Record Calls with out user promp in the background.

Their is a lot of crap on the Google Play Android Store but the best I found was "Call Recorder .."

Tags
burner, fake phone number