some key benifets that tablets/smartphones provide for a Field marketing Agency?

f1alonso

Beta member
I have been asked to do a presentation on the above topic. although it isn't a hard topic and i have some ideas but i wanted to ask the question here in case some people working as a field agent could provide me with some information based on practical experience. i would also appreciate it very much if you could mention some examples of apps that are used to achieve these functions.

thanks

There is no way to know. I work for Walmart and have to explain to people multiple times a day the difference between an iPad and Android based tablet. Then comes the explanation of what each one offers. There is no way to know exactly what the person buying the tablet is going to use it for nor the apps they are going to use. Even if they ask me for my opinion, I have to make sure to tell them that the things I use my devices for are not going to be what they use it for.

So there is no way to know what a Marketing Agency is going to be able to do. There is no target audience cause they never know what that audience is going to use the device for. Some want it for productivity, some want it for entertainment, some just want one. There is no specific apps that you can use to try and accomplish just 1 goal of reaching a generic audience.

I find out from that person what they plan on using it for and from there suggest apps. Both free and paid apps. But without knowing exactly which device they are looking into or what they plan on doing with the device, everything and anything these devices can do can fall into this presentation.

Thanks for your reply. if the company were to send out an agent on the road to visit a client, what kind information can they feed to his tablet ? can they sync it to a database in their HQ so that it is updated in real time ? can the device be remote managed ? can they use the GPS to keep track of their agents ? etc
i am looking for possible things the company and agent can use to interact with each other..

I use an iPad in the field doing Preventive maintance for all the Fred Meyer stores. I use a few programs work track to scedual and keep track of time on job and Invoicing. I use PDF expert to log all equipment and send info to server through email.I use go to meeting for meeting with all the other people involved with my office. We use drop box to use for storage on equipment manuals. This way of doing things has cut down on paper work and time and has been so nice to use. Of course there are some bugs at times but that's the nature of the beast. I was the first one in my company to do the trial run with this iPad and have been using it for a year now and have rolled out two more I pads to fellow workers to use . It is running real smooth.

Thanks for your reply. if the company were to send out an agent on the road to visit a client, what kind information can they feed to his tablet ? can they sync it to a database in their HQ so that it is updated in real time ? can the device be remote managed ? can they use the GPS to keep track of their agents ? etc
i am looking for possible things the company and agent can use to interact with each other..

Sounds like you want us to do all of your work for you.

They can feed anything they want to the tablet, as long as the tablet has unlimited data. Oh wait they dont. Unless they leech off of the clients WiFi which always bodes over well. Cause nothing better than going to a client and asking what their WiFi password is so that you can get HQ to give you the information you need when your already at the office. That doesnt make you or the company look bad at all.....

I doubt you will find anything sync in real time. Yet again there is no unlimited data plans available for these tablets. So you would have to watch what your transmitting or you will end up having more cost for data charges that you spent on the device in the first place. That wouldnt make any sense.

GPS, sure. Again falls under the whole data plan aspect. 2GB a month when you want live sync, constant transfers and active GPS tracking will make providers real happy. They will get to tack on about $150 more per month on the bill cause of all your overage. In 3 months time you could have purchased a new iPad.

You have to think realistic. Your not. think within what is offered for such devices. Limited data transfer so you would have to make sure they leave with this info already on the device. They would have better luck getting a cheap laptop or netbook.

There's already a company that does this - targeted specifically at Event and Field Marketing. Called SocialBungy. I own it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom