So am I the only one?

GreenGuy

Beta member
I recently got a a tablet (Samsung Galaxy 2 7.0'') through Verizon. My current cell phone plan (different company) is crappy and I pay way too much for 5gb's (On average I only use 3gb's a month). To me it makes more sense to basically make my tablet my phone with google voice (free calls and text) and a dialer app. Since most of my communication is through text and not calls, I figured I could use headphones with a nice mic. or a bluetooth headset to compensate for the "non phone" quality, when I do have make calls. My question is have you heard of any one doing this with a tablet?

Id be saving $60 a month. The only downside is that I be carrying around a 7in phone.

I recently got a a tablet (Samsung Galaxy 2 7.0'') through Verizon. My current cell phone plan (different company) is crappy and I pay way too much for 5gb's (On average I only use 3gb's a month). To me it makes more sense to basically make my tablet my phone with google voice (free calls and text) and a dialer app. Since most of my communication is through text and not calls, I figured I could use headphones with a nice mic. or a bluetooth headset to compensate for the "non phone" quality, when I do have make calls. My question is have you heard of any one doing this with a tablet?

Id be saving $60 a month. The only downside is that I be carrying around a 7in phone.

Heard of people doing this, yes. Seen people do it? Not really, no.

The real question is, will carrying around the tablet be workable? What I mean is will you be able to do your daily activities while having the tablet on you? What about while at work?

Even with how big my pockets are and wearing cargo pants, I doubt I could carry around a tablet. While I do have a large phone, the Samsung Galaxy Note, it is still small enough for me to wear on my belt.

The real question is, will carrying around the tablet be workable? What I mean is will you be able to do your daily activities while having the tablet on you? What about while at work?

Even with how big my pockets are and wearing cargo pants, I doubt I could carry around a tablet. While I do have a large phone, the Samsung Galaxy Note, it is still small enough for me to wear on my belt.

Would need a fanny pack :lol:.

I found this interesting article, and the guy seems to think that they will actually replace smart phones in the future.

Here's why tablets (yes, tablets!) will replace the smartphone — Mobile Technology News

Would need a fanny pack :lol:.
Lol... I could never

Im happy you brought up the Note (since its the perfect "phoblet" lol). Does the Note fit in your pocket?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom