Smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen and physically used the Samsung Galaxy S. It is a great phone to use. I would steer clear of the HTC HD2 though. Those phones are notorious for locking up after a few days. I have had several come back within 10 days cause the phone just straight up locked up for no reason.

The new Windows Phone 7 isnt that bad of an mobile OS. I have used it and it is quite nice. I have also used Android based and that is also quite nice. I think the problem is that the Blackberries have more of a specialized app store than these other phones. They dont have all the fun toys that these other phones do. They are more geared toward business people with the apps offered and are not made to be really heavy net phones. that might change with the new BB Torch being released. But for right now that is what i see.

Yeah you can get it at Walmart for $178 for a 2 year upgrade plan. But that is normal for those types of things. All new phones when released have major discounts offered on them almost instantly in order to draw in a crowd. Heck we have discounts almost daily going on for phones that were just released. The problem is that they can never keep us in stock for the amount that we could sell.

Well your store really never keeps stock on much electronics wise. How big of a phone does the OP want? I ask because the newer Droids are pretty big (comparatively speaking). But I love my droid, I can do anything from emails, watch movies, and even port scan on it

Why stay away from Apple? I'm lovin' my iPhone 4! My second choice would be the Droid X or the HTC Evo

Well your store really never keeps stock on much electronics wise. How big of a phone does the OP want? I ask because the newer Droids are pretty big (comparatively speaking). But I love my droid, I can do anything from emails, watch movies, and even port scan on it

We have gotten better. :p I have made sure that just about everything we have in store is on the shelf. If not i make sure it is on order. Tired of not having items so i made sure the manager was doing something about it.

We have gotten better. :p I have made sure that just about everything we have in store is on the shelf. If not i make sure it is on order. Tired of not having items so i made sure the manager was doing something about it.

Request a transfer to the Cicero store then. I am sick of them running ads and never having it. I bought the Toshiba that was on sale for $398 like 2 weeks ago, and we noticed it wouldn't hold a charge so I brought it back--of course it was out of stock, the next $398 model was out of stock so I ended up paying another $100 for a 17.3" Acer--wife loves it but still they always do that

I have seen and physically used the Samsung Galaxy S. It is a great phone to use. I would steer clear of the HTC HD2 though. Those phones are notorious for locking up after a few days. I have had several come back within 10 days cause the phone just straight up locked up for no reason.

The new Windows Phone 7 isnt that bad of an mobile OS. I have used it and it is quite nice. I have also used Android based and that is also quite nice. I think the problem is that the Blackberries have more of a specialized app store than these other phones. They dont have all the fun toys that these other phones do. They are more geared toward business people with the apps offered and are not made to be really heavy net phones. that might change with the new BB Torch being released. But for right now that is what i see.

I agree with avoiding the HD2 since it's a dead end now that WinMo has been discontinued.

IMO the biggest problem with the Torch is it's archaic hardware. It's running a ~600mhz ARM 11 while most of it's competitors are running 1ghz Cortex A8s or Scorpions (Snapdragon). While the difference in clock speed alone is pretty substantial you also have to remember that Cortex (and Scorpion) are over 2x as fast as ARM 11 clock for clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom