Smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPROTechman

In Runtime
Which is the best phone to get? I want a phone that I can store alot of music on, Go on facebook (And these forums dunno if it's possible) + Read Email/News sites etc. + Google maps if possible.

I was set on the blackberry bold But the contracts are quite expensive for what you get. Wondered if anyone could help? I hear the android OS is amazing.

Well no matter that you do, the contracts are going to be expensive. You are going to need the data plan for any provider to get a smart phone. So if you were questioning not getting the Blackberry due to the contract cost, you may want to rethink getting a smartphone period. As anyone you get will have the same cost as the BB.

But really just about any smartphone can do what you want. iPhone, HTC, Samsung Captive, Samsung Galaxy, and the list goes on. Find the one that you like that offers the things you want.

Well no matter that you do, the contracts are going to be expensive. You are going to need the data plan for any provider to get a smart phone. So if you were questioning not getting the Blackberry due to the contract cost, you may want to rethink getting a smartphone period. As anyone you get will have the same cost as the BB.

But really just about any smartphone can do what you want. iPhone, HTC, Samsung Captive, Samsung Galaxy, and the list goes on. Find the one that you like that offers the things you want.

I can afford the contract, It's just the blackberry doesn't seem to offer as much as Other smartphones, I'm staying away from apple, despise them. Probably will go with HTC or samsung

It's going to take me a lot of convincing for me to go back to any thing Windows Mobile Based. Had too much trouble with 3 different Windows Mobile Based phones over the years.

Been rather happy with the iPhone.
As for android, i would like to see more third party app support.

I can afford the contract, It's just the blackberry doesn't seem to offer as much as Other smartphones, I'm staying away from apple, despise them. Probably will go with HTC or samsung

I highly recommend the Samsung Galaxy S and it's derivatives the Captivate (AT&T), Vibrant (Tmobile) and Fascinate (Verizon). If you want a physical keyboard the Galaxy S Pro and the Epic 4g (Sprint) offer one as well as the same screen and hardware as the regular Galaxy S.

All of the Galaxy S phones mentioned above have a 1ghz Samsung Hummingbird processor, PowerVR SGX540 gpu, and 512mb ram which is the most powerful combination of hardware currently available in a phone. The phones also have a 4" Super AMOLED display which imo is the best screen available on a phone. All of the phones ship with android 2.1 but Samsung has promised to release an update to 2.2 at some point in the near future.

I have had windows phones in the past, and although they did what I needed them to do I always found myself envious of my friends phones. Since I bought an android (have had 2) I have never been happier, does everything I need plus things I want. Never wanted an iPhone but from the one I played with I found that the android does everything it does and more.

Are there any specific functions you are looking for your phone to do?

I have had windows phones in the past, and although they did what I needed them to do I always found myself envious of my friends phones. Since I bought an android (have had 2) I have never been happier, does everything I need plus things I want. Never wanted an iPhone but from the one I played with I found that the android does everything it does and more.

Are there any specific functions you are looking for your phone to do?

Just want to be able to get on facebook, Read the news, Get RSS updates if that's possible. Read these forums if that's also possible. Play music + store alot of it. Google maps + GPS. Read Emails, All I can think of right now

+1 for Samsung Galaxy S line. Fun phone to try out new ROM's, play games, music. The possibilities are endless. I have the Captivate myself running the Euro ROM w/out all the AT&T crapware. Becomes a fast phone when you root and use the lag fix. Once the Froyo is released it will be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom