Small LTE Tablet Needed

ricomoss

Beta member
My wife and I are moving to slightly different paradigm than is currently common. We both use Google Voice and hardly ever use our phones (I haven't used a phone in years). If/when I need to make a phone call I can just throw on a headset and use my tablet via Google Hangouts (or my computer via Google Hangouts).

I currently have a Samsung Tab S 10.5" LTE and I hate it with a passion. So much bloat, no root, too big, super buggy. I had a Nexus 7 LTE for a while and loved it. The problem was the hardware fell behind (like all hardware does) and it started feeling too slow. I'm now in the market for a similar tablet as the Nexus 7, but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.

Must Have:

- Must be a tablet (not a phone)
- Screen size must be > 6" and < 9"
- Current generation processor speed
- Current generation RAM (3GB+)
- LTE Compatible (GSMA, GSMT or CDMAS)
- Android
- Must have an established root kit (easily available)

Does anyone here have some good suggestions?

One of my buddy's recently bought both the Nexus 9 and the nVidia Shield. He returned the Nexus 9 and stuck with the Shield, and says he loves it.

Here's the specs:
Tablet | SHIELD

He said first thing he did when he got it after updating to Lollipop, he rooted it so it should be easily rootable.

Oooh...fantastic suggestion. I knew about the Shield, just never really considered it as a normal tablet (with all the gaming stuff...).

I'll definitely look into this as a solution. Thanks!

He won't be using it for gaming either (doesn't have time for it nowadays), but he wanted something fairly powerful, updateable/rootable, and the LTE was a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom