Sim Cards

xerolen

In Runtime
Hey Guys I'm getting really tired of my iPhone thanks to Apples Locked down iOS7 and I want to switch to an Android phone. Unfortunately my contract doesn't end for a year and I want to switch now. I wanted to know if I get a used android device and used a micro sim to sim adapter could I use my iPhone 5's Sim card in an LG G2 or an HTC one? Also I'm looking for suggestions for Android phones. I want something with a very large very high resolution screen while also having a fast CPU and plenty of RAM. The amount of usable flash space doesn't matter to me as long as it has a micro SD port on it since I have a 32GB one left over from my old android tablet. Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can put your SIM card into a phone and it will work. Depending on which phone, you probably won't need a MicroSIM to SIM adapter, because a lot of the newer android phones also use MicroSIM. Usually, you should just be able to take out your SIM card and put it right in the new phone without issue and it should lock onto your carrier's signal.

What acarrier are you on? Verizon? AT&T? T-Mobile? What's your budget?

If you want a MicroSD card slot.. that narrows it down a decent bit in the high-end phones, because not all of them have a slot. You could look into the Galaxy S3 or Galaxy S4, depending on your price range. They're also pretty easily rootable if you want to get into that side of Android customization.

As for finding a used phone... can look on Craigslist, eBay, locals stores, or a really great place to look is: Buy and Sell Used Mobile Phones and Tablets > Swappa

Can get pretty good deals on phones there sometimes, and some of them are even already pre-rooted/running a custom ROM (and if you don't want it running a custom ROM and would rather it run a stock ROM, you can always ask the seller to revert it as well.

I'm running the Galaxy S3, and I like it. Currently running a custom ROM (Hellkat v4.4.2), and it's lightning fast running Kitkat.

Yep, and even if the SIM doesn't fit you can just take it down to an AT&T store and they'll activate another one for you
SOURCE: Switched from an iPhone 5 to an HTC One, still on the iPhone 5 contract :tongue:

Ok thank you for the help. an as for the Budget I have $300 so that's why I want something used since I won't be able to afford anything good otherwise.

A broken one off of eBay probably lol.

The G2 is pretty new.. it's not going to be under $300 for a while. They're all going for around $400 still used.

You also never said what carrier you're on.

So I seemed to have solved this myself. I'm giving my younger brother my phone since I have been on my family's plan forever and would only pay $25 a month even though my mom wanted me not to pay anything. I will then be added to my Godparents plan and with their plan it will only Cost me $30 for an LG G2 and will add only $25 a month to their plan so nothing really new for me. Thank you everyone for the help.

Back
Top Bottom