Should I buy the Pixel 3A? Other recommendations?

Solarr

Beta member
Hi there, recently I've been wanting to stock up on a budget to mid-range smartphone. My uses/requirements for the new device are very simple.

-I don't game at all
-I spend most of my time watching youtube videos, browsing social media, chatting/calling with my friends
-In the price range of 100-500 USD
-No Notch
-Has Headphone Jack
-Have a great camera

Having a great camera is on the highest of my priorities. I've been stuck with phones that have terrible camera quality that absolutely cannot take good quality photos, therefore, I long for a new phone that is excellent in snapping photos in both human subjects(mostly) and landscapes.

After some research, I found that the Pixel 3A best suits my needs, as it provides a great camera, and I don't really mind its mid-range processor. However, I am quite bummed out about the small battery capacity (3000mAh), as I'm used to using a phone that has a relatively big battery capacity (4130mAh). I'm aware that there is a XL version for the Pixel 3A which offers a bigger battery capacity and screen, but then I'd like to ask the user experience on a 6 inch phone, whether the consequence of losing some one-handed functionality is that significant, and if the extra price for the XL version is worth paying.

It would be of great help if the pixel users out there could help clear the fog that's been clouding me. I'm also opened to any other phone suggestions that you guys may have that you think better suits my needs and fits my requirements, thank you so much for your help!

Have you looked at the Xiaomi Redmi K20/Redmi K20 Pro/Mi 9T? Huawei Mate 20 or the new Nova 5 lineup? Honor 20 or the Honor View 20? Just some suggestions off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom