Samsung Nexus Prime leaked: 4.6" 1280x720 Super AMOLED display, 320ppi

Status
Not open for further replies.
iFargle:1934343 said:
That is a huge phone.. Didn't they make 5" tablets? I think Dell had one for a while.

It has been stated several times that the phone isn't actually larger than a normal 4.3" phone. In fact if the bezel is small enough it might not even be that much bigger than a iPhone.

The Dell Streak was a 5" phone and Samsung is also releasing a 5.3" phone.

Apparently the phone's final name will be the Galaxy Nexus rather than the Prime. Also we now have a pic of the phone and a full list of specs to go with it. It looks like the Galaxy Nexus will have a Contour display like the Nexus S.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus Details Leak: Fully Stock Experience and a Verizon Exclusive - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
9mm thin
4.65-inch 1280 x 720-pixel Super AMOLED HD with curved glass
TI OMAP 4460 dual-core Cortex A9 processor clocked at 1.2GHz
1GB of RAM
32GB of built-in storage
5-megapixel camera on the back, 1.3-megapixel in the front
1080p HD video capture support
LTE/HSPA depending on carrier
Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
NFC
1,750 mAh battery

Even if it is a Verzion exclusive at launch here in the US this is phone is good enough that I would be tempted to import an international version to use on At&t.

Edit: There is another leak now that is denying that it has a OMAP SoC, instead it claims the Galaxy nexus will have a 1.5ghz Samsung SoC, possibly either Exynos or a new version that uses the SGX543MP2 like the one found in the iPad 2. Personally I'd say Exynos is the far more likely option since we know there is a 1.5ghz version of it and since the higher clocked version of the Mali MP400 it uses is already competitive with the SGX543 it seems foolish to design an entirely new SoC for it.

That curve is pretty pronounced, wonder how using it will be. Making calls might be strange (or at least feel different lol), though I guess people have curved faces too. Can't wait to see that screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom