Samsung inputevent app

Gogmogog

Beta member
There is an app on my samsung "young" phone that cannot be removed, called "com.samsung InputEvent App". It's permissions seem to encompass everything you could possibly do with the phone, such as use services that cost money and access your bank accounts, record calls, access the internet, etc.
Googling it revealed a limitless amount of useless pages that all looked really similar. It's weirding me out a bit and if anyone could provide an explanation of what it does or why it has those permissions I'd be grateful. Thanks

To remove it might do some damage. A bit of research and an XDA forum post says it's safe to remove and that it did no harm to remove... To remove it though you'll more than likely need to root your device. Stock Android might not be able to remove it.

Lets look at the name.

InputEvent.

That tells me it is something related to the Calendar. As anytime you add something to the Google Calendar it is called...Input Event.

So by removing this you could disable the main function of your Calendar. Plus your asking on a 3rd party website. Go to Android's main website and read all of their documentation on the matter.

Input Events | Android Developers

You will find out exactly what it is and does from there. Even by going to Samsung you can find out. The fact is InputEvent is used for just about every app out there. It is called into action to make the device do something. Ever get a pop up, like for a message? That is an InputEvent.

So for us to sit here and tell you what it does, will mean nothing. As we have no idea what you have installed on your phone. I doubt it is the same as the 200+ Apps I have installed and operational on my device, let alone the fact I don't run TouchWiz or Stock Android from Samsung. I run a custom ROM. Something that will have different events cause of different frameworks.

So as you can see there is about a million explanations as to what it can be. No way we can sit at our PC and tell you. Sorry but you will have to do some leg work and figure out exactly what is calling up that app on your device.

Lets look at the name.

InputEvent.

That tells me it is something related to the Calendar. As anytime you add something to the Google Calendar it is called...Input Event.

So by removing this you could disable the main function of your Calendar. Plus your asking on a 3rd party website. Go to Android's main website and read all of their documentation on the matter.

Input Events | Android Developers

If it's tied into more than just calendar-related, I'd be more akin to say it's tied to the keyboard and TouchWiz framework, rather than the calendar itself. In Java, and other languages, and "event" is an action being performed, and the "Input" event would be some sort of input interaction from the user (i.e. keyboard or touchpoint). So, yes, you're right that it's most likely an integral part of the TouchWiz framework, but I don't think it's tied exclusively to the calendar as you described it.

If it's tied into more than just calendar-related, I'd be more akin to say it's tied to the keyboard and TouchWiz framework, rather than the calendar itself. In Java, and other languages, and "event" is an action being performed, and the "Input" event would be some sort of input interaction from the user (i.e. keyboard or touchpoint). So, yes, you're right that it's most likely an integral part of the TouchWiz framework, but I don't think it's tied exclusively to the calendar as you described it.

I think you have a point, it wouldn't need all the permissions it has if it was just for the Calendar...

I think you have a point, it wouldn't need all the permissions it has if it was just for the Calendar...

Like I said, that's why I believe it's not the Calendar. It sounds like it's part of the TouchWiz framework, tied to handling input events from the user (touches, sending the touch-point info to the app, etc.). More like the keyboard app would be my first guess as to what it would be more closely related to.

If you were to flash a custom ROM that's not based on TouchWiz, you wouldn't have that app I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom