samsung impression

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
anyone on here use this phone? Going to be getting a cell phone sometime within the next few months since I'll be starting college. After looking this phone really catches my eye. Touch screen, slide out qwerty keyboard, browser, IM, etc... How would you rate this phone? A lot of people that use it say they'd take it over the iphone. Iphone seems good to me but I don't like the idea of $30 for data plan when the one for this phone is $10. Plus this has a qwerty keyboard which will make texting a lot easier.

Any information at all on this?

I have seen the phone. In fact i almost got it. but i opted for the Samsung Eternity instead. Only difference i have seen is not slide out QWERTY keyboard. But after using the Eternity's onscreen keyboard, i can say that it is very impressive.

If given the choice up front i would go with either. They are both great phones. My wife did get the LG Vu and even that is impressive. Of course that isnt used with much net or texting at all.

Actually I looked at that phone before I thought about this one. Looks good. Just personally would prefer a qwerty keyboard for texting. Touch screens are fun/nice/useful...but I'm no good at texting with a touch screen

I thought the same thing. But honestly, it is quite simple and painless. I make less mistakes on that then i do on my PC keyboard. XD

It is motion activated. Meaning that all you have to do is turn it on its side and the keyboard turns with it. No extra button push or anything.

I would certainly say try the Eternity and see how well the keyboard works before you count it out. The Impression may have the slide for the QWERTY but at the same time that can easily break off. ;)

well it'll be a couple more months till i buy anything..probably gonna head down to the local At&t store tomorrow or some other time and get a hands on feel for them.

I've only used the touch screen on a itouch before. I like it, but i'm just slow with it. Plus the push then release thing kills me because i just want to slide around. Like anything else though I'm sure i could adjust to it

Impression is a nice phone in general. As far as the QWERTY phones go, I would say it's one of the best.

bahhh went to the local AT&T store and they want a $500 deposit...so does bestbuy if you buy it through them. Do all at&t resellers require this or is it just some? Plus the phones were like $100 more at the store than online :\

the impression feels really nice in your hands..doesn't feel cheap at all though

You don't have enough credit, that's the problem. $500 is the basic deposit when someone doesn't have enough credit. All stores, corporate and authorized retailer alike, have to follow the rules. They don't make the decisions, they just put all your info in the machine and the AR department shells out the deposit.

If you were able to get even a little good credit, you can get in with no deposit. I had barely any credit, but what little I had was good, and I got in.

Also, with the corporate stores, I see them having higher prices because it comes with a bundle pack. You can ask what the price is without it.

Resellers have a little more leeway in their pricing, though it originates from AT&T.

You don't have enough credit, that's the problem. $500 is the basic deposit when someone doesn't have enough credit. All stores, corporate and authorized retailer alike, have to follow the rules. They don't make the decisions, they just put all your info in the machine and the AR department shells out the deposit.

If you were able to get even a little good credit, you can get in with no deposit. I had barely any credit, but what little I had was good, and I got in.

Also, with the corporate stores, I see them having higher prices because it comes with a bundle pack. You can ask what the price is without it.

Resellers have a little more leeway in their pricing, though it originates from AT&T.

I'm starting college in august ...no such thing as credit to me :p

Prices are weird. Xenon is $99* on web, $149* at at&t store, and like $49 at walmart....
impression is $199* online, $279* at store, and walmart doesn't carry it :\

* = after rebate

deposit isn't bad considering you get it back after a year..but still annoying. oh well, guess i'll just have to save some more money before i buy it

Wal-mart will always out-cheap any of the AT&T resellers. Them and Costco.

I had a little bit of credit from making payments for my student loans on time, that's how I got in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom