rooted android question

Status
Not open for further replies.

qblake

Baseband Member
I just bought a LG ally and have already rooted it, I rooted it so I could run apps off the sd card, but I can't find out how. Can anyone post instructions on how to do this??

PS I really don't know if this is against forum rules, but if it is, I am sorry and you may delete this thread

You could perhaps look at the forum rules before posting, instead of saying your post might be against them and posting anyway. (Hint: It's against forum rules, I'm pretty sure)

Sorry Yami it isnt.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f64/iphone-jailbreaking-all-cell-phone-unlocking-made-legal-234106/

Jailbreaking has been made legal. Plus i dont think you can make it illegal to do something like this with an already open source project. Since Android is from Google you can get the source code and compile it yourself. I think the only aspect of this that has even any hint of it being illegal is LG runs their own custom User Interface over Android 2.1 in the Ally. So that could be the only aspect that is anywhere near illegal on this.

I myself don't know enough about Android to answer your question, but I know there are a couple people around here who seem to swear their lives by Android, lol...if anyone knows, they do.

Is your phone running Eclair (2.1)? I looked around for instructions but they all seem to be for 1.5/1.6 or 2.2.

Your best bet is probably checking out XDA developers. I did a quick search and didn't find any relevant instruction but if they exist at all XDA would have them.

xda-developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom