Root Uninstaller

You need to download the correct version of your ROM, as well as ADB.

Extract the APK's from the ROM you downloaded, and then you'll need to use ADB to communicate with the phone.

Instead of using ADB, if you have a root file explorer (such as Root Explorer, ES File Explorer, etc.), you can also copy the APK's to you phone, and then using the root explorer, copy them to /system/app and then set the appropriate file permissions on them.

Ops my mistake i downloaded just this ROM and i thought i downloaded a program ADB and it didn't work. I thought i downloaded program, but it was just a shortcut. My mistake, well now i'm downloading it.

How can i exctract a tar file... It seems like this;
24y6bs6.png

Now its like this ;
iylwsk.png

Last edited:
Use WinRAR to open the TAR file.

Then look in /system/app in the extracted directory.

Please dont post multiple times in a row. We are here to help but posting multiple times in a row will not get you an answer any faster.

You extracted the first i5500.tar correct? You need to extract the next .tar app that comes within that extracted folder. You should then see a folder labeled system.

You wont see such a folder on your device unless you use an app like Root Explorer that allows you to see such files. They are hidden from normal explorer apps.

Please dont post multiple times in a row. We are here to help but posting multiple times in a row will not get you an answer any faster.

You extracted the first i5500.tar correct? You need to extract the next .tar app that comes within that extracted folder. You should then see a folder labeled system.

You wont see such a folder on your device unless you use an app like Root Explorer that allows you to see such files. They are hidden from normal explorer apps.

I apologize for that. I did it by a mistake. I only posted it once, then i refreshed and it didn't show so i've posted it again but now i see both.

Well i extracted it and i got this... What should i do?
2ls2ld.png

I apologize for that. I did it by a mistake. I only posted it once, then i refreshed and it didn't show so i've posted it again but now i see both.

Well i extracted it and i got this... What should i do?
2ls2ld.png

Try opening the file named "system" with WinRAR if possible. May have to manually do "Open with.." and choose WinRAR.

As for viewing the system folder on your device... you'll need something like ES File Explorer, and enable the root features in settings. Then you can browse up to the root directory (/) of your device.

Try opening the file named "system" with WinRAR if possible. May have to manually do "Open with.." and choose WinRAR.

As for viewing the system folder on your device... you'll need something like ES File Explorer, and enable the root features in settings. Then you can browse up to the root directory (/) of your device.

If i open it, the folder is empty, it won't show me anything. What should i do now ?

Sounds like the download is corrupted then. Did you verify the MD5 sums to make sure that the whole file got downloaded? The system folder cant be empty in order for the device to work.

You will have to contact Samsung and hope that they can provide you with a way to restore the phone. It might be able to be done via the Kies software.

Read the first link that carnage posted with how to do it via Odin. Might be your only shot if Kies doesnt work.

Tip, dont ever remove anything if you dont know what it does. It will only cause you issues. If anything learn about how to freeze apps instead of removing them.

Sounds like the download is corrupted then. Did you verify the MD5 sums to make sure that the whole file got downloaded? The system folder cant be empty in order for the device to work.

You will have to contact Samsung and hope that they can provide you with a way to restore the phone. It might be able to be done via the Kies software.

Read the first link that carnage posted with how to do it via Odin. Might be your only shot if Kies doesnt work.

Tip, dont ever remove anything if you dont know what it does. It will only cause you issues. If anything learn about how to freeze apps instead of removing them.

I've tried with the Odin and everything was right but then it got stuck at "setup connection". I restarted my phone and closed the application and tried again a few times and it got stuck again.

I haven't tried via Kies yet, because i have some problem with connecting again, even though it gets connected normally and my windows detects it.. I don't know anymore what should i do. I also did a factory reset and it was the same as now, the only exception is that my phone doesn't vibrate anymore and giving an error, it only does if i go under call settings.

Hm is there any possibility that you find a Rom for it and extract it (i could have done something wrong, maybe thats why) and then you send me the extracted 2 files that i need. Is there any possibility.

My phone is Samsung galaxy 5 - gt i5500. Eu version, Slovenia. (Slovenia and Slovakia is different. Just saying because alot of people think it's the same).

Back
Top Bottom